Hacking Can any cards emulate GBA games well through Slot 1?

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supercard DsTWO
iPlayer
EX4DS
That would be it. First and Third play roms too, iPlayer is Gba and homebrew only, EX4DS looks like a clone, so, I reccomend the SuperCard DSTWo.
It's the only one that works on the 3ds too.
EX4DS also works but says 1.6.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
EX4i isn't worth your time, iPlayer doesn't play games, except GBA and homebrew. Your only option is the DSTWO, which does work quite well.

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didnt get the wrong card Acekard 2i is better than dstwo in a few ways, its cheaper and its dev team is more active. but if you only wanted gba emulation then yes you got the wrong card

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
serenade.63 said:
You didnt get the wrong card Acekard 2i is better than dstwo in a few ways, its cheaper and its dev team is more active. but if you only wanted gba emulation then yes you got the wrong card

To be fair its "dev team" (Acekard) is not more active... Normmatt and Smiths work on AKAIO unofficially, the actual team is slow and well... the Acekard line would be crap without Normmatt and Smiths, let's just leave it at that.

took HOW MANY MONTHS TO UPDATE FOR DSI AND 3DS?
tpi.gif

@ OP: Yes. You want a Supercard DSTWO; it boasts the BEST game compatability and much more with its integrated CPU. It has the best SNES emu (CATSFC) exclusive to the cart, many things are coded for it specifically to have extra power (DSx86 for example) and run way better, and it has the GBA emu and video playback.

Other cards (EX4i, iSmart MM, etc.) have similar things BUT the DSTWO is (FACT) the best cart on the market right now in terms of... well, everything. the ONLY downside it is drains the battery of the DS a little more (Expect 30 min to 1 hr less playtime) and the only thing it can't do is DSi Mode (which the Cyclo iEvo is the only cart that can).

DSi mode isn't that important anyways, unless playing My Cooking Coach and Pokemon with the crappy DSi camera is important to you...

D

Deleted-236924

serenade.63 said:
Depends on what you mean by "it's dev team"

The DSTwo doesn't need any update to EOS to get new games to work (despite the AP)
SuperCard Team also updates extremely fast when new DSi/3DS updates come. Example: Less than a day after DSi 1.4.3 was out, SC Team released an update. Did AceKard team update yet? Nope.

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
serenade.63 said:

It's better than some others so its still good and for the price its really cheap so its really good but not the best as I found out after I got it.
I think next time I will do a bit more research before I get the next one. Hopefully it'll have 3DS and DSi gaming compatibility.
smile.gif

I got 3 DS consoles and 4 cards. Not going to get another for a while now.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
YO, OP. If you have a DS phat or DS Lite, you can ALSO just get a EZ Flash 3 in 1.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3_in_1_Expans..._for_EZ-Flash_V

It'll allow you to play GBA games with your slot 1 card by utilizing the GBA slot. It has WAAAAAAY better performance than the DSTWO emulator (as it doesn't emulate; it is played form the actual hardware).

THAT would be MY suggestion. if you want GBA it's cheaper than the DSTWO and it's better. AK2i should satisfy your DS needs more than enough.

Saf1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3DS.

I would love a DSTWO, the only problem is I'm waiting so much for a 3DS card that I don't want to buy a card only to see a card that actually plays 3DS games come out right after.

Antoids

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's no danger of that happening

also if you get the dstwo, buy the smallest microsd you can get. you can get an 8 gb (the most you're going to need, trust me) microsd for like $4 if you order off amazon [this applies ONLY if you have access to a DS, even if only momentarily]

you also don't need a microsd reader if you own a cell phone and a computer that supports bluetooth communication

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Antoids said:

also if you get the dstwo, buy the smallest microsd you can get. you can get an 8 gb (the most you're going to need, trust me) microsd for like $4 if you order off amazon [this applies ONLY if you have access to a DS, even if only momentarily]

you also don't need a microsd reader if you own a cell phone and a computer that supports bluetooth communication
An 8GB micro SDHC card is not enough if you want to play DS games, GBA games etc. 16GB is minimum and make sure you get at least Class 4 but preferably class 6 and as the card comes with a MicroSDHC card reader you won't need a mobile phone or Bluetooth.

Sausage Head said:
the iSmart MM also has the ability of playing GBA games, but the DSTWO is preferred by most
The iSmart MM can emulate the GBA but the emulator is the same as the iPlayer version and is adequate but is no where near as good as the SCDS2 version (it has difficulty with the save files with Pokemon FR/LG due to poorly dumped ROMS whereas the SCDS2 can handle them with the NDSGBA 1.21 and the config file).
QUOTE(Evo.lve @ Jul 3 2011, 12:50 AM)
However though the DS2 is better the iSMM runs Dingux which gives you access to tons more emulators.
iSMartLinux does give you access to more emulators but as the iSMart is first emulating Linux and then running the emulators none actually run at a good speed and also the screen display is very blocky (the dingoo has a higher resolution screen than the DS so all the images are all scaled down to fit the DS screen and look bad).
However the main bonus of the iSmart MM is when using DS ROMS as the iSMart uses a virtually identical AP bypass system as the SCDS2 so plays all the latest releases without the need for a patch and it also has a similar Real Time Menu (after all both cards run a O/S created by the same team) but it doesn't drain batteries as much as the SCDS2 so you can play games for longer.

Having said all that I would still recommend the SCDS2 over the iSMM as the SCDS2 has more support (skins etc), better video playback and more emulators running at an acceptable speed.

Antoids

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buleste said:
Antoids said:

An 8GB micro SDHC card is not enough if you want to play DS games, GBA games etc. 16GB is minimum and make sure you get at least Class 4 but preferably class 6 and as the card comes with a MicroSDHC card reader you won't need a mobile phone or Bluetooth.

i've got a 16gb, and i literally can't find any more DS and GBA and SNES and NES games worth playing. Right now I'm just over 8 GB, by a few MB, and I've downloaded literally everything I would even consider playing.

8 GB will do you just fine.

Don't they charge for the microsd reader? i'm telling OP ways to save money when he buys his cart, stuff i would've liked to know when i bought mine

dstwo is nice but expensive, any way to shave costs is good in my opinion

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head