Homebrew Can any body make a homebrew app that can download music to your DS?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSLinux can use SAMBA for networking with Windows shared files, though I've only done it once and that was long ago, so I don't remember the details.

Placeholder

Trophies
XP
Country
Why doesn't someone suggest to a company like Spotify to release a DS version? There will of course be technical issues for them, but being a big company, I'm sure they could do it. Nintendo would probably give them support too since it will make people consider a DS over an iPod. Free Spotify songs on the fly, or paying for songs on iTunes and adding them to your iPod from a computer? I know what I'd choose.

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
chao1212 said:
Mario1998 said:
so i dont have to find music in the computer.
Based on your user name your only 10 or 11. So I'm going to go easy on you. Make it yourself or it isn't f****** happening. Homebrew developers have better things to do than make f****** homebrew for people with 2 posts.

Mate, two things - your username is similar so I'm guessing you're the same age, and two - swearing doesn't make you big/clever/appear older, just makes you seem stupid and immature
Should be three things SifJar
3) Post count means nothing. Even if the post count is 0 someone could still be a knowledgeable person, however this guys does seem to be unknowledgeable in the art of making homebrew. but still, SifJar you have a valid point, sweating doesn't make you seem bigger, clever or older, it makes you(not seem immature) but being immature. And besides chao1212, I'm gonna go easy on you, you sound just as noobish as the person your bashing so please, try to seem a lot bigger.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
chao1212 said:
Mario1998 said:
so i dont have to find music in the computer.
Based on your user name your only 10 or 11. So I'm going to go easy on you. Make it yourself or it isn't f****** happening. Homebrew developers have better things to do than make f****** homebrew for people with 2 posts.

Mate, two things - your username is similar so I'm guessing you're the same age, and two - swearing doesn't make you big/clever/appear older, just makes you seem stupid and immature
the 1212 part of my username was something I added on a site with a 6 character minimum at random. It just sort of stuck.
Sorry about the swearing, I had a shitty day.

Akiyo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anyone thats not afraid to apologise is a good guy,good going there,chaos =)

So...anyone willing to teach dsftp's config?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Placeholder said:
Why doesn't someone suggest to a company like Spotify to release a DS version? There will of course be technical issues for them, but being a big company, I'm sure they could do it. Nintendo would probably give them support too since it will make people consider a DS over an iPod. Free Spotify songs on the fly, or paying for songs on iTunes and adding them to your iPod from a computer? I know what I'd choose.

Sadly I don't think Nintendo would support homebrew, and no-one will pay £30 / however many $ for Spotify as a proper cart release, the best bet would be DSiWare, but I don't really think that'll happen. Would be very nice though.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not exactly. I use homebrew and buy games all the time. Homebrew =/= piracy. hombrew = free games, which mostly arent any where near the quality of decent commercial games. it's sad that games companies can't embrace homebrew and just oppose piracy, rather than grouping homebrewers with pirates and trying to stop us all.

Placeholder

Trophies
XP
Country
SifJar said:
Placeholder said:

Sadly I don't think Nintendo would support homebrew, and no-one will pay £30 / however many $ for Spotify as a proper cart release, the best bet would be DSiWare, but I don't really think that'll happen. Would be very nice though.

I'd rather it came out in the stores than on DSiWare. DSiWare there isn't a way to add it to a flash cart. I guess all we can do is suggest this to the folks at Spotify.

DarkSunDS

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Akiyo said:
Anyone thats not afraid to apologise is a good guy,good going there,chaos =)

So...anyone willing to teach dsftp's config?
You just need to visit the official website, it explains all the details. My only issue is that you can't transfer files from your PC using your DS, everything has to be done from the computer... which isn't very convenient. I do think it would be great if an application was made to transfer files between the PC and DS using either of them, with a decent library so the transfer speed isn't as awfully slow as with DSFTP.

wolfmanz51

MrNintendosense
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
jeffro said:
It is already possible with some apps but it would be unreasonably slow with the ds's wifi functions.
This seriously. Normal ds download speed is 5kb/s. Apparently a homebrew browser can go over that but still it slow.
well this is due to bad wifi libraries for the DS Homebrew community not actually a fault of the Ds itself which can do 2mb per second (note not MB)

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameUp could be modified to download music. We just need the source
biggrin.gif

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
gbpic said:
Well, I don't know about you guys, but I just ported a Java virtual machine over and just ran Limewire on my DS. Duh. I can't believe no one ever thought of that one.
mind if u share it?
im actually quite interested.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots