Homebrew Can any body make a homebrew app that can download music to your DS?

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
You can already do that with certain web browser homebrew as far as I know but there will never be one dedicated specifically for downloading music for legal reasons. This request is actually rather silly.

Twilight Loz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would even want a homebew that downloads music to your ds from your pc????

Are you bothered putting your usb into your comp and then just upload music onto your card???

RoffaMaffia'

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mario1998 said:
so i dont have to find music in the computer.

Well actually THERE is a program that can its called DSOrganize and it has a webbrowser and u can go to google and search this : intitle:"index of" mp3 rihanna just replace rihanna with any singer u want or just put the song title there. Enjoy downloading 5-10 kb/s ^.^

volcomstone00009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoffaMaffia' said:
Mario1998 said:

Well actually THERE is a program that can its called DSOrganize and it has a webbrowser and u can go to google and search this : intitle:"index of" mp3 rihanna just replace rihanna with any singer u want or just put the song title there. Enjoy downloading 5-10 kb/s ^.^

Yes, and corrupting your MicroSD card.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My experiences with downloading mp3 files from the OCRemix website with DSLinux and the Links browser: it downloads at about 100 kb/s for most of the file, then at about the 80% mark it freezes entirely. After a minute or two, it resumes and finishes the download. Average speed according to the Links browser is 40 kb/s because of the time it spent frozen. My guess is that the first bit of the file is downloaded directly to RAM, and the freezing happens when it attempts to write that data to the SD card. Once it's finished writing what it had buffered up, it can download again. Again though, this is only a guess.

D

Deleted User

DanTheManMS said:
My experiences with downloading mp3 files from the OCRemix website with DSLinux and the Links browser: it downloads at about 100 kb/s for most of the file, then at about the 80% mark it freezes entirely. After a minute or two, it resumes and finishes the download. Average speed according to the Links browser is 40 kb/s because of the time it spent frozen. My guess is that the first bit of the file is downloaded directly to RAM, and the freezing happens when it attempts to write that data to the SD card. Once it's finished writing what it had buffered up, it can download again. Again though, this is only a guess.
The fact that this person is asking this question tells me he probably can't handle using DSLinux.

volcomstone00009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TeenDev said:
DanTheManMS said:
The fact that this person is asking this question tells me he probably can't handle using DSLinux.

That gave me a good laugh.

m-p{3}

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
TeenDev said:
DanTheManMS said:
Soo true.
rolleyes.gif

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario1998 said:
Based on your user name your only 10 or 11. So I'm going to go easy on you. Make it yourself or it isn't fucking happening. Homebrew developers have better things to do than make fucking homebrew for people with 2 posts.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chao1212 said:
Mario1998 said:
Based on your user name your only 10 or 11. So I'm going to go easy on you. Make it yourself or it isn't f****** happening. Homebrew developers have better things to do than make f****** homebrew for people with 2 posts.

Mate, two things - your username is similar so I'm guessing you're the same age, and two - swearing doesn't make you big/clever/appear older, just makes you seem stupid and immature

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
[offtopic] lol. i swear alot! fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!
biggrin.gif
[/offtopic]
[ontopic] umm.... the developer would get their ass sued! downloading music to ur ds would be like...piracy! buy 'em off itunes and transfer to ur ds. is this hard? [/ontopic]

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
fgghjjkll said:
[offtopic] lol. i swear alot! fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!
biggrin.gif
[/offtopic]
[ontopic] umm.... the developer would get their ass sued! downloading music to ur ds would be like...piracy! buy 'em off itunes and transfer to ur ds. is this hard? [/ontopic]
or pirate them and put them on your ds, either work.

Akiyo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not fancy enough, lol. Need something cooler and more functions.

Edit:That and i am too stupid for FTP. I just need a flashy homebrew that can download stuff from my PC's sharing folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it