Hacking Can an AK2i w/ contact problems still be usable?

Smidthmador

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't play DS roms from my AK2i and I have been told that it is because of contact issues, but I can play lameboy. So my question is am I just dumb and can't figure out my ak or is there some reason that the cart can play a lameboy, but not the higher demanding ds games?

Smidthmador

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried placing a piece of paper at the back of the card to make it fit more snuggly in the slot, but I have not tried placing one under the PCB. I'll try that. Thx

Smidthmador

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be a good or a bad thing that my PCB is so tight against the case that it kept bending the paper I was trying to put behind it?

Smidthmador

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I slipped a piece of paper behind the PCB and now each time I have booted the cart my DS has recognised it :D ..and I got moonshell to work, not that I have anything to do on it.. When a game icon is of the DS, what does that mean? Almost all of my games turn up like that if it's a DS one.

Smidthmador

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i look at the pins on my reader they are all uneven; placed too far up, some down. Poking up or squished down. I hope my reader is the problem. I got it with my AK, it's Lexar brand. I've tried the paper trick when inserting my SD and it has made no difference. I guess that I could try it when I put it in the reader to make better contact.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands