Andro Nexus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey everyone,

I sometimes stay on french forum, and we have the possibility to add a music to our profile page. When we arrive on the page, the music start automatically. It's an Idea for Gba. :)

Gbye, :P

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Afaik, this was never implemented in Temp.
I don't want to burst your bubble but...
I'm pretty sure some will start abusing it by putting "earrapes" or rickrolls or other stupid things on their profiles.

Maybe you could incorporate a youtube video into your profile but no, no autoplay.

Andro Nexus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Afaik, this was never implemented in Temp.
I don't want to burst your bubble but...
I'm pretty sure some will start abusing it by putting "earrapes" or rickrolls or other stupid things on their profiles.

Maybe you could incorporate a youtube video into your profile but no, no autoplay.
It's possible. The moderator could change the link if it's needed. On the french forum, it doesn't create any problems.

We can add a parameter to accept if we want to autoplay video, or not ! ;)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That would create unneeded moderation work.
Setting it to play automatically yes or no could be a good preventative, but I doubt new users would use it.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry we will never have a system like that here, it would be a minefield of abuse. We have members retarded enough that they abuse the likes system these days, I cant imagine the stupid stuff that they would have on their profiles just to annoy people.
I wonder who that is!

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry we will never have a system like that here, it would be a minefield of abuse. We have members retarded enough that they abuse the likes system these days, I cant imagine the stupid stuff that they would have on their profiles just to annoy people.
Yup i'd have this on my profile

Reactions: Deleted User

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
That would create unneeded moderation work.
Setting it to play automatically yes or no could be a good preventative, but I doubt new users would use it.
dinnoh, to make it simplier:
who ever enjoyed visiting a website which played unsolicited sound (like music playing or advertising) throw the first rock.
something that i learned in the internet is that if i visit your website and "surprise" music plays, i will avoid that website like hell.

edit: however, for put youtube videos on profile with autoplay disabled, i am ok with that.

Last edited by migles,

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This would just make me keep my computer on mute while browsing GBAtemp. Which i do not wish to do.

Reactions: migles

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Auto-playing sounds and videos are annoying enough as it is, and the possibilities for abuse are very very many and varied.
We had to disable Flash in posts and sigs for this very reason, and I still hate the assholes who ruined it for the rest of us :angry:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night