can a wired ps4 third-party controller be used on Wii

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
what difference does it make?
Using controllers from different consoles is generally achieved using homebrew. So it's programmed by volunteers, who have limited time and budget. The developer may have several of the main consoles' controllers but not own all the different third-party controllers to be able to test / add compatibility.
(Or it uses hardware that the company can't justify working on making universally compatible given the small number of people using any particular third-party controller.)

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought that an original ps4 controller and a third-party one would be the same from wii perspective (both are not native) but anyway a ps4 controller can only be used with nintendont, right? I mean I can't use with emulators or can i?

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Between native and third party controllers is the difference, they dont use the same communication protocols over bluetooth. There for also issues with fake wii motes and fake pro controller on usb gx loader.
As iam right all controller directly attached to USB on Nintendont should work. But attention, some controller only use the usb Cable for charging. Not for Communication.

For example old DS4 vs new DS4:
If you have the new model controller (ZCT2x- the one where you can see the light shining through the touchpad on the front), you can go into the settings on your PS4 and set it to communicate via USB when you have a USB cable connected.

Settings > Devices > Controllers > Communication Method

With the original model Dualshock 4s, even when a USB cable is connected the controller only communicates via Bluetooth and the cable is used only for charging the controller.

Last edited by Sypherone,
Reactions: boris1

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Between native and third party controllers is the difference, they dont use the same communication protocols over bluetooth. There for also issues with fake wii motes and fake pro controller on usb gx loader.
As iam right all controller directly attached to USB on Nintendont should work. But attention, some controller only use the usb Cable for charging. Not for Communication.

For example old DS4 vs new DS4:
If you have the new model controller (ZCT2- the one where you can see the light shining through the touchpad on the front), you can go into the settings on your PS4 and set it to communicate via USB when you have a USB cable connected.

Settings > Devices > Controllers > Communication Method

With the original model Dualshock 4s, even when a USB cable is connected the controller only communicates via Bluetooth and the cable is used only for charging the controller.
dude, you got me all lost, I have this controller https://www.pro-controller.com/portfolio/pro5-real-madrid/?lang=en
it does shine through the touchpad on the front. I no longer have a PS4, so I connected the controller to the computer and checked if everything worked fine. (like this ) And every button seems to work fine.

Reactions: Sypherone

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry, better you know about that instead searching why the controller doesnt work over USB. On the back, on the label, in the top left should also stay model ZCT2.

Last edited by Sypherone,

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Never mind its a third party controller you mentioned. The model string ZCT2 belongs to original Sony models.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.