Hardware Can a Wii U formatted hard drive also have other consoles games on it?

pickinanameainteasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Essentially, I have a 1 TB hard drive. I was hoping, since Wii U uses fat32 I could partition the drive and store Wii U, PS4, Xbox 360, and PC games on the same drive.

But it sounds too good to be true. Is it possible?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Essentially, I have a 1 TB hard drive. I was hoping, since Wii U uses fat32 I could partition the drive and store Wii U, PS4, Xbox 360, and PC games on the same drive.

But it sounds too good to be true. Is it possible?
WiiU doesn't use fat32 it uses its own unique format.

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii U does not use Fat32 to format it, it uses it's own format system. Thus, it can't be used for anything but Wii U. If you try to use it on anything else PC or another console it will ask you to format it.

Reactions: AmandaRose

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Storage is so cheap these days if you know where to look. I bought a 3 TB hard drive on Amazon for $39.99 it was used but comes with a 1 year warranty. It was one of the those bigger 3.5 inch hdds and I had to buy an enclosure to use it as an external, but overall for 3 TB pretty cheap.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To add a fun fact: Yes it can. You can upload the game files with FTPiiU Everywhere. That doesn't make much sense through as only the Wii U will be able to read the files from the disc.

Reactions: E1ite007

pickinanameainteasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To add a fun fact: Yes it can. You can upload the game files with FTPiiU Everywhere. That doesn't make much sense through as only the Wii U will be able to read the files from the disc.

Not sure I follow. You're saying I could have games for other consoles downloaded on the hard drive and use ftpiiu everywhere to ftp it to another console?

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No he's saying you can ftp the games to the formatted Wii U hard drive while it's connected to the Wii U just for storage purposes. It's not very practical or even worth mentioning really.

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure I follow. You're saying I could have games for other consoles downloaded on the hard drive and use ftpiiu everywhere to ftp it to another console?
He is saying you technically could use FTPiiU Everywhere to put games from other systems on the WiiU hard drive you just wouldn't be able to play them at all on the other systems

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Interesting lol