Gaming can a wii read a 32GB SDHC card?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZeWarrior said:
I don't think it can read ANY SDHC cards, somebody correct me if I'm wrong though.

that's weird it can read my 16GB SHDC card...

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
DJPlace said:
ZeWarrior said:
I don't think it can read ANY SDHC cards, somebody correct me if I'm wrong though.

that's weird it can read my 16GB SHDC card...

I wasn't 100% sure, when I had my Wii (I think its still on 3.1 or something), I know it couldn't read any SDHC cards and I didn't know it got an update to read SDHC cards. I thought the difference from SD --> SDHC was a physical change though? Something that couldn't be added with a simple firmware upgrade?
unsure.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look a little deeper. I remember 100% that it can do a 32GB SDHC card. I for some reason have this foggy feeling though if you're looking to run stuff off it that's another matter. I think I remember some crap about having to copy the game to your system to run it, whereas with the old style non-SDHC cards (2GB limit) you can run right off it.

I maybe wrong on this but I can't remember at all and I won't go and research it as Nintendo pissed me off and I quit buying their downloads after they changed their TOS to steal away all the consumers rights.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't trust sdhc cards. The Wii is able to read SOME sdhcs cards since the 4.0 update, but the higher the capacity of the card, the lesser the compatibility. If i were you, i would check if somebody has exactly the card you want and confirms it's working on the wii menu. If it works on BootMii, homebrew or sd loaders, it doesn't say anything about the wii menu and vice versa.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ZeWarrior said:
I wasn't 100% sure, when I had my Wii (I think its still on 3.1 or something), I know it couldn't read any SDHC cards and I didn't know it got an update to read SDHC cards. I thought the difference from SD --> SDHC was a physical change though? Something that couldn't be added with a simple firmware upgrade?
unsure.gif
That's true. The architecture of SD cards is different to SDHC cards. That's why its strange that they didn't make the Wii SDHC compatible in the first place.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Listen to Wiipower, don't expect this to function correctly with homebrew stuff. It should, in theory, work on the Wii SD Menu. I had an 8GB that was a nightmare. Some work, some don't, trial and error is the only real way. I can confirm 8GB toshiba works for wii stuffs, not for homebrew (only partially, will stop working randomly meaning the software will not read from it)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DJPlace said:
i was only going use it for music downloads. like RB GH ETC

That's different again. If the game uses the sd card itself, the game needs sdhc drivers. So if it doesn't say anything about sdhc or was released before the 4.0 update it won't work with sdhc.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not 100% on this, and somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but, doesn't IOS56 that came with the Guitar Hero 5 update add something to the Wii for the DLC going to the SD card.

lapince38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi !

I'm french, sorry for my english.
I can' t find this information, if you can help me ?

Which SDHC card (8GB, 16GB or 32GB) can I buy ? for DLC guitar hero 5 for example and HBC of course.

I bought an "Integral" 16GB but it seems doesn't work.
I try to format h: /fs:fat /a:4096 without result.

I see the SDHC card compatibility.

Transcend, Lexar, SanDisk ,PQI and A-Data must be Ok for 16Go ?

Can you confirm it ?

Many thanks.

Best regards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free