Hacking Can a USB card reader work instead of the switch's?

Windsall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi. I'm wondering about this because I'll be trying to repair my switch's card reader, but in the case where I can't, Is it possible to use a usb card reader to boot CFW with?

I found this usb-c stick card reader that also has a usb-a end,
and am wondering if it can maybe somehow be used at the same as the card to be able to send payloads as well as use micro-sd cards.

Here's a pic of one:

410wJeqCAWL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Bullshit

I use "type c - usb - SD card reader 3 in 1"
Install game and launch homebrew

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

All via charging port

They're meaning can you use the charging port and an sd reader instead of the sd card slot to load the files that need to be on the sd, not to send a payload or install games

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Who wants to boot the cfw through a dongle like this? That's not very convenient.
Didn't read the original post, huh?

To make it work, the initial fusee payload that you push through USB would have to have a driver to read necessary files from the card reader, I don't know if a payload is big enough for that. Also doesn't seem that likely that someone will spend the time developing it, when the obvious answer is to get the main SD reader fixed.

Reactions: CanIHazWarez

Windsall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Who wants to boot the cfw through a dongle like this? That's not very convenient.

My sd card slot doesn't work.
I'm going to try to fix it I ordered some parts, but it was to know in case.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Didn't read the original post, huh?

To make it work, the initial fusee payload that you push through USB would have to have a driver to read necessary files from the card reader, I don't know if a payload is big enough for that. Also doesn't seem that likely that someone will spend the time developing it, when the obvious answer is to get the main SD reader fixed.

I wonder if it's possible like that xD

But yeah, i'll try to fix it :P

ChampionXD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question? Can a USB card reader be used on a nintendo switch via the dock? my onboard reader is shot at the motherboard connector so buying a replacement for the switch motherboard would be no good

Aheago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question? Can a USB card reader be used on a nintendo switch via the dock? my onboard reader is shot at the motherboard connector so buying a replacement for the switch motherboard would be no good
You can use the ports after you boot into CFW for things like installing games but not before

You don’t need a whole new switch motherboard any reputable repair shop should be able to repair the sd slot itself

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning