Hacking Can a US game be played on EUR 3DS using Gateway?

idx13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting an Australian New 3DS and just pretend for a moment that eventually Gateway functionality will be the same on the New 3DS.

Can I use a US Pokemon Sapphire on the European New 3DS?

Thanks!

idx13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Just to clarify I mean the actual retail cartridge of Pokemon sapphire. Unless I can somehow transfer the save file to a rom backup

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks. Just to clarify I mean the actual retail cartridge of Pokemon sapphire. Unless I can somehow transfer the save file to a rom backup

Yes you can, there is always a gateway mode and classic mode (assuming that you're worried about emunand).

Rinth

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Although the answer is yes, you will not be able to play online. Streetpass will still work, but anything involving online interaction will not. This includes online play, Spotpass and patching. To get your patch, you can't do it from the EU eshop directly. Instead, you need to download the .cia files for the US version and install them via devmenu or BigBlueMenu like DLCs.

The reason being with an Australian 3DS, you can only accept the online agreement for the European region. Try get the EU version of game if you want to play online. This applies to both ROMs and retail cartridges.

I myself have a New Zealand 3DS in the same European region.

idx13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lets just pretend they will release the final update tomorrow, will these idiotic questions stop?

This has nothing to do with whoning about new 3ds support its just assuming the same exact support for the sake of a non idiotic question.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Although the answer is yes, you will not be able to play online. Streetpass will still work, but anything involving online interaction will not. This includes online play, Spotpass and patching. To get your patch, you can't do it from the EU eshop directly. Instead, you need to download the .cia files for the US version and install them via devmenu or BigBlueMenu like DLCs.

Yes, he can play online even without .cia by patching the header, there are sites that already have patched (.3dz) roms ready for download.

idx13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here's my situation I have White 1 with a ton of Pokemon I want to transfer over to the Pokemon bank so my only real option is to get a real Sapphire and transfer them to that. So ideally I'd like to play with the actual Sapphire cart unless it's possible to transfer the whole save over to a rom version.

Rinth

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yes, he can play online even without .cia by patching the header, there are sites that already have patched (.3dz) roms ready for download.

You will need to patch the header for online play in the first place. I was saying that if the game is from a different region than your 3DS's region, then online play cannot be accessed, even with the header patched.

idx13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will need to patch the header for online play in the first place. I was saying that if the game is from a different region than your 3DS's region, then online play cannot be accessed, even with the header patched.

Are you sure about this? This sounds different than what I've seen so far

idx13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So can I eventually transfer my safe from a real pokemon sapphire cart to the gateway version?

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The reason being with an Australian 3DS, you can only accept the online agreement for the European region. Try get the EU version of game if you want to play online. This applies to both ROMs and retail cartridges.

I myself have a New Zealand 3DS in the same European region.

I recently saw a video on a thread here of a jp 3ds booting different region emunands, which i assume would connect to the correct region eshop etc. so, its not unreasonable to think that eventually with gateway it wont matter what region your 3ds is and youll be able to boot into a different region with emunand.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've played a EUR version of Persona Q on my american 3DS using emuNAND classic. dead easy. put the cart in and it just loads fine.

that said i've not played online nor downloaded any updates for the game so i can't tell you anything about that

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
It's not true, he can play online even monster hunter 4g works online in my us 3ds xl, some games though don't work online to get the dlc because you connect to the eshop to get it and it gives error but most of them give no problem with online functionality

Rinth

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
On my EU 3DS, I happen to have both US and EU versions of Bravely Default and Fire Emblem Awakening, all of them patched with the same header. In my 9.4 EmuNAND, only the EU versions can access online, while the US versions are stuck in offline mode, with only streetpass functioning.

Rinth

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
On my EU 3DS, I happen to have both US and EU versions of Bravely Default and Fire Emblem Awakening, all of them patched with the same header. In my 9.4 EmuNAND, only the EU versions can access online, while the US versions are stuck in offline mode, with only streetpass functioning.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8