Homebrew Can a Rom play local multiplayer with someone who owns a physical copy?

not_felony_man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello!

Recently i've gotten into hacking my 3ds and giving it some great apps, and one of those is tm++.
One of the reasons I got TM is so I could play a certain ds game with one of my friends who has a single physical cartridge of the game.
But, i do not own a cartridge so i have a ROM instead of the game, but my question is, can the ROM be able to play local multiplayer with my friend?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

Recently i've gotten into hacking my 3ds and giving it some great apps, and one of those is tm++.
One of the reasons I got TM is so I could play a certain ds game with one of my friends who has a single physical cartridge of the game.
But, i do not own a cartridge so i have a ROM instead of the game, but my question is, can the ROM be able to play local multiplayer with my friend?
Yes

Reactions: E1ite007

not_felony_man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I should have stated a bit more in this thread, so:

The game in question is dragon ball Z supersonic warriors 2, i have a rom, my friend has the physical cartridge, we couldn’t connect together using local multiplayer, could the problem be the connection, or do i need extra software to be able to do this?

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I should have stated a bit more in this thread, so:

The game in question is dragon ball Z supersonic warriors 2, i have a rom, my friend has the physical cartridge, we couldn’t connect together using local multiplayer, could the problem be the connection, or do i need extra software to be able to do this?
You could have:
A bad rom
A defective cartdrige

OR TwilightMenu++ has issue with that game idk.

Reactions: E1ite007

LinuxCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Since this is 3DS forum, i have a question too. My brother owns a physical copy of Super Smash Bros. 3ds and i installed a CIA of it so we can play together. however, we get frequently disconnected during matches. Anyone knows where this could come from?

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since this is 3DS forum, i have a question too. My brother owns a physical copy of Super Smash Bros. 3ds and i installed a CIA of it so we can play together. however, we get frequently disconnected during matches. Anyone knows where this could come from?
Unstable Wi-Fi. Cartridge and download versions can connect together - andan installed CIA is just an eShop version with the DRM filed off.

Reactions: Stealphie

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A microwave or even a light bulb can cause enough interference. I recommend changing locations to see if that's the issue.

TonyNESgri

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi 👋🏼

Two years later, I'm having the same issue as the OP. No wireless connection available on my .nds roms, even if it is turned on on the 3DS menu.

What can I do, please ? 🙏🏼

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi 👋🏼

Two years later, I'm having the same issue as the OP. No wireless connection available on my .nds roms, even if it is turned on on the 3DS menu.

What can I do, please ? 🙏🏼
You mean the wifi led on the 3DS turns off by itself when you launch a DS game? Even if it was ON on the 3DS?
Are you using TWilightmenu? There's a setting that could disable Wifi in Twilightmenu if you're using that, make sure it's off.

Reactions: TonyNESgri

TonyNESgri

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You mean the wifi led on the 3DS turns off by itself when you launch a DS game? Even if it was ON on the 3DS?
Are you using TWilightmenu? There's a setting that could disable Wifi in Twilightmenu if you're using that, make sure it's off.
The LED is still on, but the connection icon on .nds games is off (sticks are not displayed). I've never used TWilight Menu directly cuz I don't have the app, I'm using a forwarder (NDS Bootstrap ?).

I think I'm gonna try what the previous poster told me to do and come back to tell you if that works.

TonyNESgri

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well... I confirm, it is not working. I'm gonna try to access TWilight Menu, I oughta find some tutorial as I've never done that before.

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: TonyNESgri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Be careful when going to Wordpress sites, since plugins can easily be exploited with malware.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Be careful going outside you might get cancer
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Be careful touching, you might get STDs.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Already got a few aids they help me
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My phone is pretty secure the Chinese spies tell me it's really locked down and I probably should eat more fiber lol
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    This sponsor is brought to you buy surfshark
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    👈 Always touching 🍆
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @AncientBoi, got excited when he heard about touch screen
    +2
    :unsure: What to have for lunch [12:57 pm] [tap, tap, tap.. 💡] brb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grindr date?
    +1
    Fish sticks
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Date sticks
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @SylverReZ I didn't say I watched either, did I?
    I didn't actively watch them, rather, I had the misfortune of witnessing that shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Wut? I don't understand.
    +1
  • LeoTCK tempBOT:
    LeoTCK has joined the room.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least maybe give context, the conversations going quicker.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Here we go
    +2
    Made chili cheese dogs with all the trimmings :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Ah shit, here we go again. I ain't represented Grove Street in five years, but the Ballas won't give a shit.
    I am having fish sticks for dinner lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop getting ancientboi excited psi
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop getting ancientboi excited psi