Hacking Can a private header for online come from any game?

Korma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC yes, they can come from any game, but usually it will only work on games of the same original size. eg: ORAS(16gb) patched with a FE:A(16gb) header. I may be wrong about that though.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC yes, they can come from any game, but usually it will only work on games of the same original size. eg: ORAS(16gb) patched with a FE:A(16gb) header. I may be wrong about that though.
You are. I've used the same Metal Gear Solid header for all of my games and I've yet to have any problems. So it's either an anything goes kind of thing, or it may be that you have to use a header from a game with greater than or equal size.

fuzzdawg11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: Is it safe to play a NON-ONLINE game, such as Majora's Mask, on a Gateway/Sky3DS with a public header? Should a Sky3DS or Gateway ALWAYS be offline and disconnected from Wifi when a ROM is loaded that has a public header?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: Is it safe to play a NON-ONLINE game, such as Majora's Mask, on a Gateway/Sky3DS with a public header? Should a Sky3DS or Gateway ALWAYS be offline and disconnected from Wifi when a ROM is loaded that has a public header?
We don't know what the criteria is for Nintendo banning people. At the moment, there is no confirmed "safe" option. The safest bet, aside from not using ROMs, is to be completely offline.

fuzzdawg11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like Nintendo went the route of combating Sky3DS and Gateway like this....

Wait to sell as many 3DS's as possible for Christmas. Then announce the N3DS. Subsequently, start banning Sky3DS and Gateway users, rendering their hardware useless for online and forcing them to update to the N3DS, spending $200 more. LOL

Reactions: MattKimura

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You are. I've used the same Metal Gear Solid header for all of my games and I've yet to have any problems. So it's either an anything goes kind of thing, or it may be that you have to use a header from a game with greater than or equal size.

LOL i'd better switch to private headers soon, I've been using that MGS header for a long time too

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
roms only need a header for online, so don't bother with offline games.

Reactions: fuzzdawg11

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

for majora's mask i'm just using a .3ds file so, no headers at all

but Sky works differently doesn't it, hm. any way to edit the template file to remove the header altogether?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you already have a copy of MM?
I don't have a sky so I am only loosely follow the sky scene. I don't see how nintendo can ban people when they are not online with a game. It just doesn't make sense.

Lots of us got MM yesterday. There was a EU dump of the game. Not sure if it was made to work with SKY or not becuase of the region locking. Initially the cia version was not working on US consoles but reports are that was corrected. The .3ds file worked for me. Take a look at the MM thread in this sub.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The header contains a field stating the size of the game. You can modify this field when inserting the header.

OrangeFlavored

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Doesn't the Gateway Patcher automatically fix this for you? (Though you have to copy the new ID code and hit apply again)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games