Hacking Can a private header for online come from any game?

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Headers need to be the same rom size as your rom or higher, which is why the Metal Gear Solid 3 rom works with everything. I even edited my Mario Kart 7 header to be rom size of 4 GB. So it works just like the Metal Gear Solid 3 header.

But there's no need to change ANYTHING, Gateway Rom Patcher automatically fixes rom size for you, so you can use any game header. Even small 512 MB rom headers that were offline games.

It may be best to use headers from offline games like Zelda A Link Between Worlds because nobody can go online in that game, so you can get rid of the game after if you want.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Headers need to be the same rom size as your rom or higher, which is why the Metal Gear Solid 3 rom works with everything. I even edited my Mario Kart 7 header to be rom size of 4 GB. So it works just like the Metal Gear Solid 3 header.

But there's no need to change ANYTHING, Gateway Rom Patcher automatically fixes rom size for you, so you can use any game header. Even small 512 MB rom headers that were offline games.

It may be best to use headers from offline games like Zelda A Link Between Worlds because nobody can go online in that game, so you can get rid of the game after if you want.
And then that person dumps the header and you both get banned. :)

Reactions: MattKimura

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And then that person dumps the header and you both get banned. :)

lool What are the odds of that happening? There's like a million copies of games, and they'd get lucky enough to dump the header from THAT specific game that you just sold.
I personally hold onto my copy of Mario Kart 7 because anyone can go online with it. Sucks that I chose this game, of all games. I should've used Star Fox 64 3D instead, a game that doesn't sell for much.

Radxical

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's my safest bet for a header, Pokemon Alpha?
Pokemon Alpha is fairly new, so the price will be high. Though, the game itself should be fine because it's a large size.

The one thing to note is that in the other thread, many of the banned people had played pokemon online before getting banned. Could be that Nintendo is watching pokemon harder than others (or it's just a more popular franchise)

idx13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Alpha is fairly new, so the price will be high. Though, the game itself should be fine because it's a large size.

The one thing to note is that in the other thread, many of the banned people had played pokemon online before getting banned. Could be that Nintendo is watching pokemon harder than others (or it's just a more popular franchise)

I own it already actually. Were they using public headers?
I wonder what else, Link between Worlds?

ronildo66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just want to understand one thing:
- Can I use a small private header, in a game with great size?
Example: I take the private header of "Mario Kart 7" and insert in the "Super Smash Bros." ROM

Fotonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
But is it necessary to use the entire private header dumped from an owned game or is it sufficient to copy only the unique game id from the dumped header to the one we're going to inject into the rom?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: