Can A PlayStation 2 Boot Directly To OpenPS2Loader?

Erencikefe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, months ago i bought a fat PS2 and modded it with fmcb. Everything was fine until my cheap controller broke. I have a PS3 controller which works perfectly fine but every time i open the console i need to plug in and out my broken controller in order to open OPL. Is there any way i can directly boot to OPL? I hope someone can help.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
IIRC, FreeMcboot Configurator should have an option for autobooting any .elf on storage, I'm not 100% sure but I think it's called "E1 Launch something something" (don't remember the exact wording, it's been awhile lol), in the menu there should be an Autoboot or Auto option that will let you choose OPL.

Make sure you save the config to your memory card when you're finished.

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hay there, um not sure if this would help you, but back in the day when i had my ps2 slim (sch 700x) and i had FreeMCB on my memcard, i could autoboot on startup into any app i wanted,
i think you can set this somehow, thorugh Uluanch elf settings.
im not 100% tho, as i don't have my ps2 anymore and it's been years since i did this, but im sure this autobooting on startup is possble indeed as i had done it back in the day on my ps2/

also, what @Tom Bombadildo said, that method is the way to go.
same way i did it on my ps2 when i had it.

hope this helps you :) .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup