Hacking Can a jailbroken fat BC PS3 run pirated PS2 games better ?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Then why did you post that you suspect that you will never use them?

Because I messed up the DECHA00 trying to get bluray movies working, to start with it was just bluescreening and after that I got it working, but as it was QA flagged whilst running as retail it messes up REBUG which doesn't expect a TEST to be QA flagged, which is very annoying. So I need to downgrade it to 3.55 and un qa flag and fix it. Once I risk doing that, I'll probably never use it again in case I break it again.

I've not broken the japanese one yet, I seem to remember there being some region issues on bluray movies. After the hassle I had with the DECHA00 I decided to leave it

The DECHA00 can still use a teensy spoofing as FSM, so it's possible to boot that no matter what but I've not tried that with the japanese one. I don't want to open them to backup/flash the chips directly.

Last edited by smf,

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From that generation as far as compatibility it seems only Gamecube got fully take care of as in Nintendont and Dolphin on PC. Original Xbox only like half the games work on 360 a few more with an RGH, PS2 does have PCSX 2 which has good compatibility but not 100%, but as far console emulation none of it is great it's sort of like Xbox. Fat PS3s are still the best but they end up dying on you. It's best to still just own an original PS2 and original Xbox.

I still have my original Xbox when I plug the power cord in it turns on automatically and won't turn off unless I unplug it lol at least it works I guess.

Last edited by Jayinem81,

jefazo92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
No. You can use either the software emulator or the ps2 hardware in a backward compatible ps3 to run iso on the hard drive. I don't know what the default is now, but you used to install the full rebug toolbox and use that to switch between them.

Original NTSC had EE+GS. Later NTSC+PAL had emulated EE but still had GS hardware.
The compatibility of the emulated EE with GS hardware is much closer to EE+GS hardware consoles than the emulated EE+GS.

Essentially EE is much easier to emulate than GS.

Hi @smf thanks for your reply. Do you have a link where I can read this further ? I want to run PS2 ISO images (not ps2 discs) but I want to know which PS3 version is best for this. Btw in Europe we had the PS3 CECHC so it is possible I could obtain one.

Last edited by jefazo92,

abilaunken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Its like people said its better have all consoles even ps1 games on a ps3 run not so great.
Because the interlacing and the 3 frames input lag is shit.
But all ps3 can play some psp, ps2 and all ps1 with this downsides.

Last edited by abilaunken,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM