Can a hacked vita play brave fencer musashi/Jade cocoon?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by KefkasMyDad, Oct 5, 2018.

1. KefkasMyDad
    OP

KefkasMyDad Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2013
    United States
    the moon
    The only games I can’t seem to get to work on my psp. Haven’t modded my vita yet might not if it can’t play those 2 games. Is the vita modded that much better than a modded psp?

2. Bergot

Bergot Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2017
    United States
    If not work on PSP Will not work on adrenaline..maybe the retroarch can run it

Enviado de meu XT1097 usando o Tapatalk

3. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo G'nome

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Since ePSP mode is functionally identical to a PSP, any games that have issues on a normal PSP will have issues on the Vita.

However, as mentioned, there is a PCSX Rearmed core on Retroarch that runs pretty ok on the Vita. Since it's an emulator, and not through PSP mode, it won't freeze at the same points in Jade Cocoon. Whether or not it's actually compatible, or will run well, is unknown. I only know of a couple compatibility lists for the Vita's PCSX core, and both don't have either game you want listed as tested yet. Your best bet is to simply try it, and see if it'll work.

Beyond that, you could always just export the save from your PSP Jade Cocoon, play past it in an emulator on PC or android or whatever, and then restore the save on your PSP.

Bergot likes this.
  4. KefkasMyDad
    OP

KefkasMyDad Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2013
    United States
    the moon
    Cool, thx for the input

5. eighthdayregret

eighthdayregret fnerrrrrrrrrr!

Sep 27, 2017
    United States
    Do they not work at all, or are there freezes?
    Are you using the POPS plugin, if so, which POPS version are you using?
    Did you create the EBOOTs? If so, what level of compression did you use?
    And lastly, are you using the CDDA plugin for PSP?

6. eighthdayregret
    This message by eighthdayregret has been removed from public view by DinohScene, Dec 13, 2018, Reason: Dupe post.
    Oct 6, 2018
  7. yeshuachrist

yeshuachrist GBAtemp Fan

Sep 1, 2010
    United States
    (brave fencer (ps1) like valkyrie profile (psp or ps1) freeze at one of the bosses, on adrenaline ................. there are a series of games that are simply choppy or studder on adrenaline regardless of them being a PSN release, (and some like Thousand Arms/Secret of Mana/Blasto/Tomb Raider), work better on adrenaline versus the "Retropie".

I use the word "Retropie, the system" as it uses "retroarch" like the emulator on vita uses "retroarch" ................. difference is some games still have problems on the vita's version of retroarch .................. (like most 2D games on Adrenaline have frame jump/skip issues (capcom 2d fighters or all 2d fighers, megaman's and more .................. that includes the usualy spyro and colony wars and etc.)

(Actually Chrono Cross .............. it was glitchy on the PSP and that carried over to the Vita ................. the PSN Label sony is replacing before tee as in cup, is replaced, they are leaving bhind their rehash brown, reputation for quality control too) (Zanac x Zanac was recently fixed the memory card bug on the retropie .............. this game plays choppy on the adrenaline emulator ................. when the vita is DOA, we may be blessed with a retropie upgrade, their 3b+ upgrade was released in tandem with with Enso 3.65, close to that)

Last edited by yeshuachrist, Oct 8, 2018