Hacking Can a GC controller be mapped to act as wiimote/nunchuck?

Jigiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
asking this because a game I want to play (Rampage: Total Destruction) only allows wiimote/nunchuck, but the controls are godawful, almost making it unplayable

don't know if this helps but the game was also released on GC, so a GC button layout exists

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know of any way to do that aside from an iso hack/patch. And even then you'd need to be lucky enough to find a person, or a community, that are so dedicated to this specific game, that they would've done something like this.

What you could do is look into this controller...
proUcontroller.jpg

It's called the "Controller Pro U", or sometimes "Pro Controller U"

It's name is somewhat misleading because it doesn't work as a Wii U controller at all. But it DOES work on the Wii U as a controller for regular Wii games. It's technically a Wii Remote and Nunchuck all in one. It has the Wii remote's sensor in the front, and recognizes motion just like the Wii remote.

I've looked into getting it, but some of the complaints are that it maps the buttons weird. Apparently it maps the Wii remotes A and B button to the gamepads A and B, which means that the Wii's 1 and 2 buttons are mapped to the gamepads X and Y buttons. Which makes it awkward for games where you would hold the Wii Remote sideways and use buttons 1 and 2 as you primary buttons. Because with this controller you'd now be forced to use X and Y... but when you try to reach the X and Y buttons with your thumb, the right analog stick gets in your way.

Some of the other issues have been about how it randomly de-syncs. But I don't know how common that problem is for everyone.

Still it might be a good option for people who can't stand using the Wii Remote and Nunchuck combo. Yes, the button mapping for 1 and 2 is annoying. But one thing to consider is, if you're playing a Wii game that requires both Remote and Nunchuck, how often do you use 1 and 2 during gameplay? A and B are usually your primary inputs in that situation. -- 1 and 2 are only primary when you turn it side ways and ditch the nunchuck.

EDIT: I did some more research and apparently it does NOT function as a Nunchuck. It's only a Wii Remote, and a Classic controller. And most reviews label it as nearly unplayable because the D-pad and face buttons are extremely unresponsive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: dragon quest 4-6