Hacking Can a GBA expansion pack migrate to pokemon diamond

mxnl1090

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, if i put fire red on my M3 is it possible to transfer the Pokemon into diamond and pearl via pal park?? Also if somebody could tell me if using action replay codes is possible on the GBA games.
thanks in advance

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
AR/codebreaker codes: yeah there are some, you might have to look at GABsharky or cheating in VBA and transferring saves. There are also hundreds of trainers.
http://gba.dellicious.de/trainer.php?s=n&o=asc&d=

pal park: I have yet to play pokemon but the problem came with the DS rom trying to read the save of the official cart and flash carts being different..... the 3 in 1 had a patch made but I am going to have to defer to someone else for the m3 expansion stuff.
3 in 1 thread (there is an outside chance it will work):
http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5342

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you're using an M3 Real you can migrate your pokemans from the M3 GBA expansion or an M3 Perfect. It won't work with an M3 Simply.

You cannot migrate pokemen to a retail copy of Diamond or Pearl from any flashcart, though you can transfer the save from the retail cart to a slot 1 flashcart, migrate the pokeymans, and transfer the save back to the retail cart.

mxnl1090

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot said:
If you're using an M3 Real you can migrate your pokemans from the M3 GBA expansion or an M3 Perfect. It won't work with an M3 Simply.

You cannot migrate pokemen to a retail copy of Diamond or Pearl from any flashcart, though you can transfer the save from the retail cart to a slot 1 flashcart, migrate the pokeymans, and transfer the save back to the retail cart.

thank you for the info, do you know if the pokemon will transfer to a G6 DS Real?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No I don't, but there's a good chance that it will. If you try it please post your results.

Pokemon migration was fixed in v2.7b of the Real system software, so you'll need to update it if you've got a lower version. Keep in mind however that 3.2 is the last version that works correctly on the G6 Real. Everything after that only works properly on the M3 Real.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I wonder. If you can migrate pokemon from a GBA ROM to a NDS ROM (e.g. Sapphire to Pearl), is it possible to trade then from Pearl ROM to retail Diamond cart? I read somewhere that the only limitation is if the ROM is uncut and the same region as the retail (E or U).

I have M3 Real Perfect Bundle, and a spare DS phat with a Diamond cart inserted (I also have all 5 GBA carts too, but I'm wondering about ROM transfer).

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the M3 Real can load up the pokemon say Fire Red for example into the GBA cart by pressing Y
you can then load up a pokemon say diamond rom and you should be able to access the pokemon on the fire red cart

you should be able to trade with any pokemon cart real or rom

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Good to know. I can cheat in the ROM versions to get the pokemon that are impossible to get in any of the 5 GBA versions and make sure I have a complete collection in Diamond (semi-legitly, as in I tried to catch them all, and only cheated for the missing ones). Thanks.

mxnl1090

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also migrate to a g6 real!!
laugh.gif

ALA5T0R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys I have an M3 Real with GBA Expansion Pack, I can't seem to make the migrate option work. It tells me my save file is missing/corrupt, even if when playing the GBA game it works fine.
Any suggestions?

mxnl1090

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ALA5T0R said:
Guys I have an M3 Real with GBA Expansion Pack, I can't seem to make the migrate option work. It tells me my save file is missing/corrupt, even if when playing the GBA game it works fine.
Any suggestions?

Go the menu where you select the GBA game you want to play, highlight the game that you want to migrate your pokemon from and then press Y. It will ask you if you want to load that GBA game, press yes. Now boot up diamond/pearl and it should let you migrate your pokemon over.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Originality said:
I wonder. If you can migrate pokemon from a GBA ROM to a NDS ROM (e.g. Sapphire to Pearl), is it possible to trade then from Pearl ROM to retail Diamond cart? I read somewhere that the only limitation is if the ROM is uncut and the same region as the retail (E or U).

I have M3 Real Perfect Bundle, and a spare DS phat with a Diamond cart inserted (I also have all 5 GBA carts too, but I'm wondering about ROM transfer).
pokemon D/P to D/P trading is region free.
even between jp and eu/us it should work.

worst case scenario you could do the trades through wifi(friendcodes)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16