Can a flashcard be used to enable cheats on a physical DS game?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by SG, Jan 9, 2013.

1. SG
    OP

SG GBAtemp Fan

Mar 29, 2007
    Bristol, UK
    I've had a Google but can only seem to find answers for GBA games in slot 2.

I'm wondering if the cheat function in a M3i Zero or a homebrew app on it can be used to enter cheats for a game, and then swap it out and put in a physical game for the cheats to work on? I figure it's unlikely but you don't know unless you ask! It's either that or using cheats on a ROM and then the labourious task of transferring the save game from the ROM to the physical card (for things like maxing out levels and money once I've finished a game so it's all '100%'). Or buy an Action Replay or similar...

Info appreciated! :)

2. Sleet

Sleet GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    You can do that with the homebrew Nitro Hax.

Tekken179 likes this.
  3. Sleet

Sleet GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    double post

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    What Sleet said (though you will not be able to do it on a DSi or 3ds).

Alternatives include ripping the save from the cart, cheating on an emulator/flash cart and dumping the save back on once it is done with it.

Hmm.... wonder if we could use save "exploits" as a vector for an ASM level cheat.

5. SG
    OP

SG GBAtemp Fan

Mar 29, 2007
    Bristol, UK
    Dudes, brilliant - that is awesome - guess it is worth asking! Can I ask what the codes used are for it? AR or something else?

6. Tekken179

Tekken179 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 30, 2012
    Northern Ireland
    Most emulators will support multiple cheat types, although AR is probably the most common, as for flashcarts they all run from their own built in cheat method, I think most of them all have some sort of AR type that they read from a usrcheat.dat file.

7. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005