Homebrew Can a flash card that has had the wrong NTR Boot installed on it be fixed?

NoNoNeko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had a hell of a time with my N3DS on 11.6 that I still don't have CFW on. I tried to install ntrboot with my r4sdhc gold pro but I clicked on r4isdhc. I realized this after I had already started the install process and at the end of the first part, it asked if I wanted to install ntrboot or whatever so I clicked No thinking I had a second chance. It went to the 3ds power off screen and now my 3ds won't recognize my flash card. Am I SOL or is there any way to recover from this that isn't buying a new one?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had a hell of a time with my N3DS on 11.6 that I still don't have CFW on. I tried to install ntrboot with my r4sdhc gold pro but I clicked on r4isdhc. I realized this after I had already started the install process and at the end of the first part, it asked if I wanted to install ntrboot or whatever so I clicked No thinking I had a second chance. It went to the 3ds power off screen and now my 3ds won't recognize my flash card. Am I SOL or is there any way to recover from this that isn't buying a new one?
You need to find a second modded 3ds to unbrick your flashcart. Also, have you tried it anyway just in case? It isn't supposed to recognize the flashcart even if it works since it isn't really a flashcart anymore. Put the files on the sd card, hold the button combination, make sure the magnet is in the right spot and just try it a few times.

Reactions: NoNoNeko

tommaloney

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sadly i dont

:( it was the one with a r4i wifi and the icon on the ads was a wolf or something

can i get the firmware somewhere do you think

NoNoNeko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to find a second modded 3ds to unbrick your flashcart. Also, have you tried it anyway just in case? It isn't supposed to recognize the flashcart even if it works since it isn't really a flashcart anymore. Put the files on the sd card, hold the button combination, make sure the magnet is in the right spot and just try it a few times.

I hadn't tried it because I didn't wanna brick it if something went wrong, but it didn't and I got it to work anyway, thank you!

Reactions: Giodude

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sadly i dont

:( it was the one with a r4i wifi and the icon on the ads was a wolf or something

can i get the firmware somewhere do you think
Not sure if I'm allowed to distribute that here, but yes you can find a backup probably somewhere. I don't know where to get it even if it is allowed here. Just make sure you find a backup of the actual cart and not just the sd card files.

D

Deleted User

Not sure if I'm allowed to distribute that here, but yes you can find a backup probably somewhere. I don't know where to get it even if it is allowed here. Just make sure you find a backup of the actual cart and not just the sd card files.
theres a thread called flashcart firmware backups somewhere that has alot
I'll try to find it
(its deep in my alert history)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

http://gbatemp.net/threads/flashcard-firmware-backups.481268/
@tommaloney check here

Reactions: Giodude

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.