Homebrew Can a Factory Rebot Remove Unlauncher, HiyaCFW, etc.

Just_A_Musician

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So. I recently put Homebrew Launcher, HIYA CFW, and TWiLight on my old NDSI XL, and no I do NOT plan on removing this at the current time.

What I want to know, is if in the future I DO wish to reset to factory (for resale, it's a US launch eddition, lol) would going to

System settings
>Format System Memory

And running the hard reset remove the local files for UnLauncher and (I believe it has local) TWiLight?

Just a curiosity of mine... thanks yall, really 'preciate it!

Reactions: banjo2

Valery0p

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Welcome to Gbatemp.
I doubt it would work, unlaunch is installed in an area that should not be restored by a factory reset. Use the proper tools if you want to uninstall it or you may brick your console. (for example restoring a clean nand backup if you did one before installing anything)

Last edited by Valery0p,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

So. I recently put Homebrew Launcher, HIYA CFW, and TWiLight on my old NDSI XL, and no I do NOT plan on removing this at the current time.

What I want to know, is if in the future I DO wish to reset to factory (for resale, it's a US launch eddition, lol) would going to

System settings
>Format System Memory

And running the hard reset remove the local files for UnLauncher and (I believe it has local) TWiLight?

Just a curiosity of mine... thanks yall, really 'preciate it!

No,Unlaunch definitely will stay.:)
(Why did I know ? Because I made it already.:evil:).

The Rest is on the SD Card.

But I do not recommend to do a Factory Reset !!!

Thank you.:)

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

System settings
>Format System Memory

Selling a device without mentioning previous modification is not a nice move (my very personal opinion). Anyway:
  • Like @alexander1970 stated: Remove/format the SD card and HiyaCFW/SDNAND as well as TWiLight Menu++ are gone.
  • Remove unlaunch by loading it's installer and choose "uninstall". I don't recommend doing so.
    • The warning "Uninstalling unlaunch will render your console mostly useless." is interpreted as a joke by nocash (the developer of the fine piece of software named unlaunch).
    • I still don't recommend removing it.
  • Full NAND restore on DSi is in general frowned upon. If it fails you end up with a nicely shaped paperweight.
I can confirm unlaunch survives "Format System Memory" (Theory: For the same reason why the official Launcher is not deleted on an unmodified console… and I tried it as well on my testing device).

Good luck and have fun!

Just_A_Musician

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to Gbatemp.
I doubt it would work, unlaunch is installed in an area that should not be restored by a factory reset. Use the proper tools if you want to uninstall it or you may brick your console. (for example restoring a clean nand backup if you did one before installing anything)

Welp. Glad I grabbed a .NAND backup then!

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to Gbatemp.
Wouldn't that be more dangerous due to the poor quality of the NAND? :unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hii