Can a Dreamcast emulator for PS4 happen?

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PS4 keeps on getting "unlocked" more each day and the DC is one of my all-time favorite consoles so would it be easier for a developer to dev/port it to PS4?

Dreamcast had so many amazing games and if it could be played on a PS4 that'd be awesome.

If the PS3 wasn't so complex it may have had happened, sadly it didn't.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i play crazy taxi on my switch via retroarch
is there a retroarch for ps4 ?
or do the cores have to get ported separately ?

Yes there's a Retroarch for PS4.

But Retroarch for PS4 has nothing to do with Retroarch for switch and yes the cores have to be ported.

However the above video is Retroarch playing Dreamcast on PS4.

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case you still didn't find it there is Flycast for PS4, which is a core of Retroarch. It works well and at full speed.
I have tried that with a couple of games, but only worked well decently for me with Tech Romancer. Power Stone & Power Stone 2 it was very glitchy and DoA2 very slow, etc.

Far from working 'well' and at 'full' speed though if you get that, what games you running?

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry I might have been wrong. I only tried Heavy Metal Geomatrix and it worked well so I thought the emulator was at good state.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Combination of Reicast standalone and whatever core in Retroarch I use in PS4 Fedora 32 Linux runs Dreamcast with no issues.
Hi. Does it support Vulkan drivers? I tried PS4 Linux PSXITARCH and whenever I switched to vulkan video driver the system freezes

Last edited by depaul,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9p0iK877W4