Can a backup from a 2.06 Vita be restored to a lower FW system?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by FireEmblemGuy, May 8, 2013.

1. FireEmblemGuy
    OP

FireEmblemGuy Celebrating a decade of shitposting

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    The short of it is that I sold my old 2.06 Vita and bought a 3G one currently on 1.81 (which I plan on updating to 2.02 at some point). Unfortunately, I didn't think to back up most of my current game saves individually, and I don't think they were backed up through the PS+ cloud. All I've got is a complete backup file I made right before I wiped the old system and card; does anyone know if it's possible to restore this backup onto a system running something lower than 2.06?

2. djricekcn

djricekcn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 29, 2009
    United States
    You need to sign on PSN on your Vita to be able to use items / games on the Vita because of user-locks, so...probably won't work/boot even if you were able to move it back

3. FireEmblemGuy
    OP

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    There's workarounds for getting PSN accounts activated on lower-firmware systems; getting the Vita authorized with my PSN account isn't really the issue.

4. FireEmblemGuy
    OP

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    Finally got my memory card today and tested; as I expected, it told me that I had to update to 2.06 or higher first. At least I can still use the Apache Overkill exploit. Just a note for those in the future facing a similar conundrum, as unlikely as it may be.