Can 11.1.0-34U be homebrewed/CFW'd?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Mavsynchroid, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Mavsynchroid
    OP

Mavsynchroid GBAtemp Regular

Dec 16, 2015
    United States
    Hey guys. Kinda noobish with all this. Followed guides to set up my own 3ds perfectly, and now a friend wants me to help with their 2ds. They just bought it brand new, and it's at firmware version 11.1.0-34U. Can I put Luma and what not on this? If so, could someone direct me to a guide? Thank you in advance for any help.

2. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae [ˈzifɨˌdeɪ]

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    Yes, but unless the 2DS has one of four particular DSiWare games (Fieldrunners, Legends of Exidia, Zelda Four Swords, Guitar Rock Tour), there only methods are to either hardmod the 2DS, or perform a dsiwaredowngrade via a system transfer from another 3DS that already has CFW (you could use yours for this, only if it's an Old 3DS).

See this guide.

Last edited by Xiphiidae, Dec 20, 2016
  3. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Do you have an o3ds or n3ds?

4. Mavsynchroid
    OP

Mavsynchroid GBAtemp Regular

Dec 16, 2015
    United States

Sorry was afk. I believe it's a 2ds. Don't think there's a new or old version of those, right?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Mine is actually a new 3ds set up with ...Luma? I believe? To be honest I amazed myself by actually getting it to work after simply following a guide on my own. Had someone help me with it before, but accidentally upgraded it so did it again on my own and suceeded!

5. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    So your 3ds is a new 3ds? I ask because you can't system transfer n3ds to o3ds/2ds

6. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae [ˈzifɨˌdeɪ]

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    I'm afraid you're unable to use yours to hack the 2DS then, as you cannot do a system transfer from a New 3DS to an Old 3DS (or 2DS). Your only options to hack the 2DS are: to hardmod, or to find another 2DS/O3DS with CFW to do a dsiwaredowngrade system transfer from.