Camstudio recording help please

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to do a Let's Play gameplay video for Golden Sun Dark Dawn, but I would like to know if anyone on this forum knows how to record both from microphone and speakers. I know its possible cuz I see other lets play videos and they have the sound from the game, and them talking.

Please, if anyone knows anybody or knows him/herself how to record from BOTH microphone and speakers, please tell me.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Go into the volume levels in windows, and unmute the microphone and raise it's volume, then your speakers will also play anything the mic pics up, so you can record from the speakers and still get your voice.

and here I thought you were supposed to know about computers.

Enable stereo mix, set your mic volume to playback instead of record, and record audio from the stereo mix.

Then you'll pick up the game audio and the mic audio without having to resort to the shitty "record your speakers" method.

alternatively record the game and talk over it later

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
Rydian said:
Go into the volume levels in windows, and unmute the microphone and raise it's volume, then your speakers will also play anything the mic pics up, so you can record from the speakers and still get your voice.
volume.gif

I really suggest making sure you're right before you call somebody out.

Try it. Unmute it, raise the volume, and you'll get a live playback of anything the mic picks up, through the speakers.

I suggest this instead of stereo mix because some sound cards don't support that.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Law said:
Rydian said:
volume.gif

I really suggest making sure you're right before you call somebody out.

Try it. Unmute it, raise the volume, and you'll get a live playback of anything the mic picks up, through the speakers.

I suggest this instead of stereo mix because some sound cards don't support that.

Yes, it'll come through the speakers, but you won't be recording the speakers with a microphone. you'll be directly recording the audio going to the speakers using stereo mix.

edit: nevermind, this is just another case of one of your badly worded posts.

ACDCGAMER

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Or you could record from two audio channels by using a USB mic if you're willing to buy one. Use something like Audacity to record the game audio or your voice, and Camstudio to record the other audio, whatever you didn't choose to record in Audacity.

EDIT: Added more info.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr