Calling all One Piece fans, i need your opinions!

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by enigma85, Jan 22, 2014.

1. enigma85
    OP

enigma85 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 17, 2008
    United States
    Wherever A Girl Is That Likes Me
    Hey all! I just want all one piece fans, those that read/watch it and those that have only played the 3ds games. I wanna know how the games are! SP1 & SP2, and romance dawn in particular. I am getting my GW this week and the only real reason I wanted one is because I want these games! (in USA) I know romance dawn is coming out next month here, but I haven't found any good English review videos, so your reviews/opinions are truly appreciated.

2. Saturosias

Saturosias Sakura-sō Resident

Dec 27, 2010
    United States
    I've done a barebones play of SP2, and (my [negative] feelings about the anime aside) in the three hours I tried to bear* through it, it just seemed like an EXTREMELY cheap cash-in that never really got any better (not that it could really get any worse), very much so like the first game. It's simply a monstrosity.

Unless you've already gone through the effort of *cough* ahem, backing up the game(s) to your computer, it really is a waste of time, though I guess it is your time to waste if you really want to :0 I mean, the game is about piracy... "not like that has anything to do with the Scene" *cough*.

TL;DR: Marineford mode is the only part that ranks about a 3/10, if that.

3. enigma85
    OP

enigma85 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 17, 2008
    United States
    Dang that sucks! I'm an avid fan so I'll at least buy one of the games to try no matter what. Thanks for the info!

4. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Dec 26, 2008
    Steam City
    I'm a huge fan of the anime, heck, I've watched hundreds and hundreds of anime and read also hundreds of manga and One Piece manages to be within my all time top 5.

I've played and own all of the 3DS games related to One Piece and I can say that SP 1 and SP 2 are quite fun once you get used to them, they're a bit repetitive at times, but they're not a bad game, not a great game, but it's still a good game that's better than a lot of the ones out there.
    As for Romance Dawn, it's pretty good, it's somewhat of a mystery dungeon rpg, you can craft items for equipment (and some of them actually change the characters looks) you have random bosses and well, you have tons of islands to explore and tons of bosses to beat. Like SP1 and 2, it can be quite repetitive at times, but once you reach certain parts of the story is well worth it, not to mention that you have certain anime scenes from when it started airing redone from scratch, which needless to say, is really awesome.

And since I'm against piracy atm, I say that you buy all the games and play SP1 and SP2 on gateway. Plus if you buy SP1 you get a One Piece figurine of chibi Ace, I love mine. =3

5. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    One Piece is currently the only manga series I follow but the games... The Wii games are good but not great. I've played Romance Dawn on PSP and thought it was boring. Still might buy it on 3DS though.

6. enigma85
    OP

enigma85 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 17, 2008
    United States
    One of the only reasons i bought GW was to import these games lol i doubt any of them will make it to our coast besides Romance Dawn. (Not enough money in it) And great i might actually get all 3 now. If another avid fan likes them as games then they can have my money. One Piece is my fav anime of all time, over the thousands of series i've watched/read. So i'll probably enjoy them cause i'm bias.