Call of Duty set to follow Modern Warfare 2 pricing?

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by luke_c, May 5, 2010.

1. luke_c
    OP

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    Source.

2. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Fresh™

United States
    Bobby Kotick is somewhere swimming in his own Scrooge McDuck money vault. I WILL find a way to punt you in the nuts before I die, Bobby.

I hate that fact that people are actually validating such obvious cash-suck schemes.

3. connor_walsh

Member connor_walsh GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Call Of Duty was £55? i got mine from Sainsburys for £26 [​IMG].

4. Feels Good Man

Member Feels Good Man GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    It's Activision

5. luke_c
    OP

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    Beh, I assume that was a typo on the Source's half considering it was a straight copy and paste, and as all the links say £44, changed it.

6. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Pricing here in the States had Modern Warfare 2 (standard retail copy) at $60 brand new, the same as most other new games. It usually drops within a month or so though.

7. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    It was also $60 for the PC version too, which is fairly unprecedented as far back as I can remember. Steam offered it 15% off a few weeks back, and even then, that's still over $50.

On an somewhat related note, I do believe Steam plans on having another free MW2 multiplayer weekend this weekend, if anyone's interested.

8. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    i wonder if Black Ops will have dedicated servers...
    if it does,
    i will be sure to get it for PC.

9. TheWingless

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    It was a dollar over 49.99 so I lol'd. Not that it matters because the DLC is 15 bucks. You can get MW2 for 38.82 bucks on Amazon though, but if you add in the fact that DLC is 15 bucks, that's STILL more than 50 bucks. I'm counting how much the DLC costs because PC used to get DLC free through what was called updates.

As for the free weekend, the last one I played, I only played a total of one hour. It was... boring, as opposed to when I played MW1 and when I was playing it pirated. I then went back to play Bad Company 2 and played that the whole weekend.

10. FireEmblemGuy

United States
    It's a shame, because PC gamers having to pay for DLC is mostly Microsoft's fault, thanks to Xbox LIVE. Multiplatorm games can generally get updates out for free on PSN and non-GFWL PC games, but Microsoft refuses to let LIVE have free content updates, so nowadays a load of publishers justify it by charging everyone. If the same were to happen to TF2 I'd probably stop playing.

11. TheWingless

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    They're doing it for the 360 version of TF2. Valve had no other choice than to either give it the updates or not, so they say they're going to try to cram as many updates into one "DLC" package as possible... Since M$ was unwilling to compromise or anything of the sort. For PS3, I don't know how their system works, but you said it was free... so I guess they'll get it free. Did they get the new content already?

12. FireEmblemGuy

United States
    I doubt the PS3 will get any content, honestly... I'm pretty sure PSN is better about DLC pricing and hosting, but Valve overall was pretty displeased at how the PS3 port was handled, IIRC. Maybe that was just Left 4 Dead or something. And what I meant about TF2 was that I'd be pretty displeased if they charged for PC updates as well as the 360 ones, or if they charged $3-5 per individual large update instead of $15-20 for a megapack, although I really have no idea how much they'll end up having to charge, if they ever get around to doing it at all.

13. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    This just in, piracy is fun.

I'm fine with MW1. Still play it.

14. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    I still play CoD 2 regurarly online, bought it for 20 euros and it's my most played game ever.
    Just love it, CoD online ended with that game IMHO. Although 4 was definitely enjoyable, it never came close to 2.