Gaming Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex

Rebound

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm really looking forward to this game, It improves on WAW in so many ways and In my opinion the Wii needs a new shooter.

What We Know
-5v5 Online (Vs. 4v4 in WAW)
-No Splitscreen
frown.gif

-No WiiSpeak
-Apparently They haven't dropped any aspects from the original in terms of options, multiplayer game modes, perks and the like
-Squadmate mode included (meh)
FAQ From GameFAQs
Table of Contents

I. Game Info
II. Graphics
III. Controls
IV. Online
V. Other Questions and Features

I. This game features classic Call of Duty 4 gameplay, with the the wii's controls. It is a DIRECT port, asking treyarch to add and/or change features of the original CoD 4 is useless. The game uses an advanced version of the CoD WaWii engine. This game will have everything the original had except for: Offline Splitscreen(RAM limitations), Killcam(RAM again), and acheivements(duh).
There are still things up in the air, such as if the Wii will get the DLC maps or not. This means the Wii DOES get all multiplayer mode and challenges, and the full campaign,Golden Guns and all.

II. This games graphics are " The Best of a Wii FPS to Date" They are OBVISOUSLY not as good as the PS360.

III. The game retains already set controls as well as fully customizable controls(Conduit Style). Wii Zapper is also supported and improved from CoD WaWii.

IV. This games main component is the online mode, there is up to 5 vs 5 gameplay, or up to 10 in FFA. This game has ALL multiplayer modes, such as Search and Destroy. There is NO Wiispeak, confirmed by Treyarch . ALL challenges are included, with all the rewards to boot. Treyarch has also spoke of a way to "deal" with hackers and glitchers.

V. FAQS

Q: Does this have Wii Speak?
A: No

Q: How about splitscreen online and offline
A: Neither

Q:I saw those screens, they SUCKED
A: Those were Pre-Beta Screens that were never supposed to be released.

Q: Are there any Gameplay Videos?
A: As of the posting of this FAQ, no.

Q: Why not?
A: Treyarch doesn't control that, Activision does.

Q: Does this game have any Campaign Co-Op
A: There IS squad mate mode, but thats it

Q: Whats squad mate Mode
A: Its where Player 1 plays normally, but Player 2 goes on a role of a rail shooter, player 2 CAN pick up other weapons aswell.

Q: Why isn't Modern Warefare 2 coming for teh wii?
A: Treyarch has said one of the reasons CoD WaWii had some of its probs was becuase of lack of time to work on the game, and has stated that if CoD MWii sells well, MW 2 could be coming to wii as well.

Q: Won't this game suck because its on wii?
A: Just leave this board, we hate trolls like this

Q: Anything else we should know
A: No

There aren't really any proper screenshots, the 6 that have been released were apparently very early beta and look horrible.
There is this however -Massive Image Warning-
IMG_0064.jpg

(I know it says Wii Speak included but one of the devs who posts on GameFAQs said it's an old slide)

So yeah, anyone else looking forward to this? Thoughts?

aabbccdd

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Really looking forward to it. Original version was one of the best shooters I've ever played, so hopefully this stays as good as it. Never mind the graphics, when you're from the C64 age gameplay is what matters.

Rebound

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, it seems like a quick attempt for Activision to make money.
But with a starting point that is as good as Modern Warfare they can't screw it up that much

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nice topic.
But why no split-screen? Shooters are the most fun with each other, in the same room IMHO.
Still, nice online features, hope they can make it true.
Good to hear they haven't dropped the perks and level system (yet)
tongue.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vidboy10 said:
Um, You say Wii Speak isn't compatible but in the photo it says it IS compatible?
sleep.gif

He does have a note on that, y'know. I don't think Activision would do anything THAT good for the Wii. I mean, they've devoted their resources to shitty games for the Wii, outside of CoD5 (which was still a so-so port, although fun) and Quantum of Solace (which I thought was good, actually).

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii Speak compatible? I really doubt that. We only have 2 games that are Wii Speak compatible so far, and one is another shooter. (The Conduit)

Rebound

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiThoko said:
Wii Speak compatible? I really doubt that. We only have 2 games that are Wii Speak compatible so far, and one is another shooter. (The Conduit)

Yeah... It isn't WiiSpeak Compatible.
tongue.gif

What I hear was that the game could either have had 4v4 with wiispeak or 5v5 without.
I'm glad they decided on 5v5, not many people have WiiSpeak anyway.

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Guild McCommunist said:
Vidboy10 said:
Um, You say Wii Speak isn't compatible but in the photo it says it IS compatible?
sleep.gif

He does have a note on that, y'know. I don't think Activision would do anything THAT good for the Wii. I mean, they've devoted their resources to shitty games for the Wii, outside of CoD5 (which was still a so-so port, although fun) and Quantum of Solace (which I thought was good, actually).
You know Activision do Guitar Hero right? GH5 was the best on Wii and was preferred over the 360 and PS3 versions.

LagunaCid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No splitscreen?
What the fuck Activision?
Must I play Quantum of Solace everytime I want local shootan?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
LagunaCid said:
No splitscreen?

Probably some shit about the Wii's processor not being strong enough to manage that.
You can play Red Steel in split-screen too. Sucks though.

LagunaCid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Satangel said:
LagunaCid said:
No splitscreen?

Probably some shit about the Wii's processor not being strong enough to manage that.
You can play Red Steel in split-screen too. Sucks though.
Not strong enough?
QoS uses almost the same engine.
That's just them being lazy, as usual.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No splitscreen? they musn't think anyone's got family or friends these days...

I can't believe it's only 5 on 5 either, MoH has 32
blink.gif

"II. This games graphics are " The Best of a Wii FPS to Date" They are OBVISOUSLY not as good as the PS360" That's what everyone says
wacko.gif

They said that about WaW too but MoH clearly has much more detailed, smoother graphics...

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
MADKATZ99 said:
No splitscreen? they musn't think anyone's got family or friends these days...

I can't believe it's only 5 on 5 either, MoH has 32
blink.gif

"II. This games graphics are " The Best of a Wii FPS to Date" They are OBVISOUSLY not as good as the PS360" That's what everyone says
wacko.gif

They said that about WaW too but MoH clearly has much more detailed, smoother graphics...
MOH has 32 because it doesn't use the Nintendo servers. It uses the EA servers i believe and doesn't need friend codes. COD could probably have more than 5 vs 5 if they used different servers too.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I dont know what everyone is complaining about with this title. I am pretty sure that it will not be as brilliant as the 360/PS3/PC version but it is a solid basis for a decent FPS, a genre tht is still releatively rare on the wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off