Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Stimulus Package

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by kaisai, Mar 26, 2010.

?
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't care for it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. kaisai
    OP

kaisai GBAtemp Regular

May 31, 2007
    United States
    We all know its about $15 or 1200MSP and you get 2 months xbox gold live and 5 maps

I've been think about getting it, but i wanted to know that yall think about it.

2. Brian117

Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Cleveland, OH
    Wait, 2 months? You only get to keep the maps for 2 months? What do you mean by 2 months? [​IMG]

3. NeoHaven

NeoHaven Member

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2009
    Think he means you get 2 months with it? Like Membership

4. Brian117

Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Cleveland, OH
    Ahh, I see now. It's a 2 month gold trial.

I think it's a pretty decent price to pay for if you get 2 free gold months and 5 maps. If I ever come into some money I'll for sure buy a point card and buy the maps.

The maps are decent too. I really like the maps Storm, and Complex. I can picture myself pwning on Complex.

5. Forstride

Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

May 6, 2008
    United States
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'm getting it on Tuesday (When it comes out). I have my Microsoft Points saved up...

6. [M]artin

[M]artin .

Nov 7, 2006
    United States
    I think they're some good maps from what I've seen, but certainly not worth $15, that's my personal opinion. I say this is because 2 of the maps aren't even new and all they done is clean them up to make their appearance look nicer. I personally don't give a damn about graphical appearances, especially on maps that were already great. Hell, I can buy a whole new game and support some smaller indie groups with 15 bucks, most of the time it doesn't even take that much money. This price point for a handful of maps, some of them graphical upgrades of old ones... it's just not clicking for me.

Of course, they're all about making money at this point, so I doubt that I won't see a message trying persuade me to buy the new pack every 2 seconds in-game a 'la World at War. [​IMG]

I see myself buying this eventually, but I'll be waiting for a while until the price drops, of course. [​IMG]

7. Splych

Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

May 19, 2008
    Canada, Ontario.
    You get free months?
    I am not getting it. If I wanted to play CoD4, I would've played CoD4.

8. cardyology

cardyology GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 2, 2007
    Chorley Uk
    I'll be buying them, despite the price.

I'm nearly jizzing in my pants to be honest!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice