Group: GBAtemp Ghost
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, it's been cracked now! Nice to see that it came out on release day.
biggrin.gif

I'm most likely going to buy it and use the crack, since I hate steam.

What do you guys think? Are you going to buy it or pirate it?

Call.of.Duty.Modern.Warfare.2.PROPER-SKIDROW.png

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Torrenting it right now. I just checked uTorrent and the amount of peers went up by 1000, seeds staying the same. This is the only thing wrong with torrenting, when there are so many peers and no seeds. I need to join another private tracker!
frown.gif

edit:nvm found another torrent with more trackers.

Vidboy10

Tsardom
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've been playing this for a half and hour.
It's awesome.

But it's not OMGFUCKINGBESTGAMEEVAROHSHITIPLAY24/7NOWIT'SSOMUCHBETTERTHANEVERYOTHERGAMEONEARTH!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
@Painguy: Careful what you ask, that's some shady business. I'd recommend you take this to a PM (Not to me) or ask around another forum/site.

-juggy

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Vidboy10 said:
Wow its getting really laggy now.
Heres a video of me playing.

Is anyone else getting a mass amount of lag?
Uh Oh! We have 2 options:

Claim that IWnet is a great alternative or,
Blame piracy for lag.

I think IW can squeeze both into a single response! Are you online with a crack or legit?

Vidboy10

Tsardom
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
juggernaut911 said:
Vidboy10 said:
Wow its getting really laggy now.
Heres a video of me playing.

Is anyone else getting a mass amount of lag?
Uh Oh! We have 2 options:

Claim that IWnet is a great alternative or,
Blame piracy for lag.

I think IW can squeeze both into a single response! Are you online with a crack or legit?
Crack.
Even though i did lul when the guys "Server".

Lee79

Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Theres already a Aimbot out for this now

Going to be really bad when the game last 2 mins because a hacker has a 25 killstreak and drops a Nuke.

Lee79

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
No only single player, you cant play multiplayer like 4 and 5 as there is no cracked dedicated servers to join because it use's P2P now. I borrowed the DVD's from a friend who brought it and applied the skidrow no steam crack.

I played the multiplayer while i was around my friends

The good points
. I Think it is better with the lower player count less spawn killing
. The maps are nice

The bad points
. First game was ok next I was waiting for ten minutes in the lobbey as players came and went intill there was enough to start.
. You cant lean, So many times i went to a window and wanted to lean out hit Q key and throw a flash bang and blinded myself. Without lean it just is not COD to me.
. The games are to short 5-10 mins
. Feels to arcadey with stuff flashing up on the screen all the time.

I could go on but I will just say I am not going to buy this i will stick to COD 2 and COD 4

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay Lee79, thanks for the info.
Really no lean? Are you sure, that seems so stupid and almost impossible? WTF that is indeed way too arcade then, I'm now definitely not buying this one.

So sad to see this title go though, I'm sure I would love the multiplayer, but no dedicated servers ruins it for me....

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
download speeds way to looooong... so im just gonan buy it. AND WTF NO DEDICATED SERVERS? When did this happen? now pings will go up x2. sigh stupid consoles making the game have P2P severs.

Lee79

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Painguy said:
download speeds way to looooong... so im just gonan buy it. AND WTF NO DEDICATED SERVERS? When did this happen? now pings will go up x2. sigh stupid consoles making the game have P2P severs.

Here is all the information you need about how bad it really is

QUOTEModern Warfare 2 is a straight console port, except it works much worse on the PC than on consoles. MW2 is currently practically unplayable (and will likely remain so) and the game is not worth your money.

Here are some of the problems with the game that you may encounter if you decide to purchase it:

Installing problems:

1) The game comes in two DVDs. Many PC systems will not recognize the content on the second one.
2) You will have to register at Steam and download missing files -- the download can easily be a multi-hour hassle.
3) Generally installing is anything but "easy and casual". Troubleshooting can require hours of research and re-installs.

Direct crashes:

4) You may not be able to get beyond the first screen at all (freeze).
4b) Missing or unreadable text on starting screen.

codmw2bug.jpg

5) During singleplayer gameplay, the game is likely to inform you that you miss some file, and you can't continue the campaign.
6) Game may crash at any time during single-player or multi-player play ("iw3mp.exe has stopped working").

General limitations:

7) There is no customer support to help you solve the problems above and below.
8) The game does not support Sli (two graphics cards).
9) There is no command console. In particular, you can't change the FoV from the default 65. You may end up with a stretched image depending on your monitor's native resolution. You may also end up seesick from the limited FoV if you sit in the normal distance to your PC screen.
10) Lean has been taken out of the game (it is a console port, remember).
11) You can only play the game with one profile (your Steam profile), so you can only have your brother or missus have a go on your own profile.

Multiplayer issues:

12) Your internet router is likely to prevent you from logging on to the online part of the game at all.
13) The game doesn't support dedicated servers. This means you can't have favorite servers where you get to know people and can instantly play the game in your preferred mode and with a preferred social atmosphere.
14) Instead the game uses P2P technology and automated matchmaking. This means that players host the games themselves, far from the internet-highway. The result is a much higher average ping for the players.

15) The hosting player will have a 0-ping advantage. Meanwhile, you can't see your own precise ping but only an "ping-bar". Expect pings at 100ms and above (100ms is best case).
16) All but one game-mode are capped at 6 vs. 6 players or lower (one mixed game-mode is 9 vs. 9.)
16b) You are thrown into a random map, and rounds will typically last around 5 minutes.
17) There are no mod tools, so there will be no user-made maps or game-modes. There will be no competitive gaming or realism mods.
18) Hardcore is limited to only two game-modes, and they are not unlocked before you reach level 21.
19) There is no /record command (remember, no command console).
20) Kill streak bonuses are hugely overpowered, destroying any fun if you are still hanging on now.
21) All games will be un-admined, meaning you can't kick players from the auto-generated matches. This means that cheaters have a free reign (whereas they would be instantly kicked and banned from dedicated servers).

fw3codmw2sshot002.jpg

That last point 21 is enough to completely kill the game, apart from the generally horrible IW.net connection quality. As it is, the game will most likely be almost completely deserted in a few weeks time. Since you can only get even remotely acceptable connection speeds if there is a huge player-base, this is a self-reinforcing effect after the first hype is over.

On a more general note, you are warned against purchasing Modern Warfare 2 since it is important to send a message to the gaming industry with the only thing that counts, your wallet. Infinity Ward should be punished for:

1) Repeatedly lying about the PC version ("online same as it ever was", "not a console port", etc. etc.).
2) Completely abandoning the PC community that has helped them get to where they are now.
3) Insulting the PC community while doing so.

You can also checkout

Infinity Ward forum. If you can get on it keeps crashing from the number of people.
Steam MW2 Forum

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Lee79 said:
Painguy said:

Here is all the information you need about how bad it really is

QUOTEModern Warfare 2 is a straight console port, except it works much worse on the PC than on consoles. MW2 is currently practically unplayable (and will likely remain so) and the game is not worth your money.

Here are some of the problems with the game that you may encounter if you decide to purchase it:

Installing problems:

1) The game comes in two DVDs. Many PC systems will not recognize the content on the second one.
2) You will have to register at Steam and download missing files -- the download can easily be a multi-hour hassle.
3) Generally installing is anything but "easy and casual". Troubleshooting can require hours of research and re-installs.

Direct crashes:

4) You may not be able to get beyond the first screen at all (freeze).
4b) Missing or unreadable text on starting screen.

codmw2bug.jpg

5) During singleplayer gameplay, the game is likely to inform you that you miss some file, and you can't continue the campaign.
6) Game may crash at any time during single-player or multi-player play ("iw3mp.exe has stopped working").

General limitations:

7) There is no customer support to help you solve the problems above and below.
8) The game does not support Sli (two graphics cards).
9) There is no command console. In particular, you can't change the FoV from the default 65. You may end up with a stretched image depending on your monitor's native resolution. You may also end up seesick from the limited FoV if you sit in the normal distance to your PC screen.
10) Lean has been taken out of the game (it is a console port, remember).
11) You can only play the game with one profile (your Steam profile), so you can only have your brother or missus have a go on your own profile.

Multiplayer issues:

12) Your internet router is likely to prevent you from logging on to the online part of the game at all.
13) The game doesn't support dedicated servers. This means you can't have favorite servers where you get to know people and can instantly play the game in your preferred mode and with a preferred social atmosphere.
14) Instead the game uses P2P technology and automated matchmaking. This means that players host the games themselves, far from the internet-highway. The result is a much higher average ping for the players.

15) The hosting player will have a 0-ping advantage. Meanwhile, you can't see your own precise ping but only an "ping-bar". Expect pings at 100ms and above (100ms is best case).
16) All but one game-mode are capped at 6 vs. 6 players or lower (one mixed game-mode is 9 vs. 9.)
16b) You are thrown into a random map, and rounds will typically last around 5 minutes.
17) There are no mod tools, so there will be no user-made maps or game-modes. There will be no competitive gaming or realism mods.
18) Hardcore is limited to only two game-modes, and they are not unlocked before you reach level 21.
19) There is no /record command (remember, no command console).
20) Kill streak bonuses are hugely overpowered, destroying any fun if you are still hanging on now.
21) All games will be un-admined, meaning you can't kick players from the auto-generated matches. This means that cheaters have a free reign (whereas they would be instantly kicked and banned from dedicated servers).

fw3codmw2sshot002.jpg

That last point 21 is enough to completely kill the game, apart from the generally horrible IW.net connection quality. As it is, the game will most likely be almost completely deserted in a few weeks time. Since you can only get even remotely acceptable connection speeds if there is a huge player-base, this is a self-reinforcing effect after the first hype is over.

On a more general note, you are warned against purchasing Modern Warfare 2 since it is important to send a message to the gaming industry with the only thing that counts, your wallet. Infinity Ward should be punished for:

1) Repeatedly lying about the PC version ("online same as it ever was", "not a console port", etc. etc.).
2) Completely abandoning the PC community that has helped them get to where they are now.
3) Insulting the PC community while doing so.

You can also checkout

Infinity Ward forum. If you can get on it keeps crashing from the number of people.
Steam MW2 Forum
WOW its like GTAIV all over again. BTW the IW site doesnt respond servers down hahahaha. This is sad very sad. I never knew it was a direct console port? way to screw over the PC fanbase IW.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
juggernaut911 said:
Painguy said:
WOW its like GTAIV all over again.

What do you mean by that?

Probably implying it was a bad port due to the fact it didn't run well on low end machines (but tbh, with a sandbox game like GTA I don't know why anybody would think it would).

tbh Saints Row 2 was much worse, port wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...