Call of duty for switch in early 2019?

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Dontwait00, Aug 8, 2018.

1. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's scalie trash

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    The whole microtransaction thingy isnt even a "problem". The games arent pay to win. Sure, they lock content behind lootboxes, but you as the player are the one making the decision to spend ir not your money on that "content".

Have been playing them without spending anything besides the game's retail price, rocking matches and winning at people using paid content.

Also, oh my god, the replies on this thread... Let people enjoy their things, why is it so hard to do it?

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Succubus™ Waifu material

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Hiding from Area 51 guards
    Expect it is pay to win in this case and they will always be a problem. Black Ops 4 literally removed single player just to shove in a Battle Royal mode and more microtranstions. They aren't even pretending to not be milking the fan base at this point.
    The issue for me is that this game is slowly no longer becoming a game anymore. They are very clearly hoping to easy into what EA did with Battlefront 2. The endgoal isn't to make a game, it's to make something that looks like a game, but is really just an ATM. Accepting and allowing this behavior is only going to make things worse for us the consumer.

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Aug 15, 2018
  3. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's scalie trash

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Except it is not. What is so pay to win? Black ops 3 isnt, you can destroy everyone with a "poormans" weapon easily. WW2 system ditched lootboxes and microtransactions and offers its guns for free via challenges, plus adding new content for free.

Where is the pay to win on all of this? Did the beta of bo4 had it? Or judging the game before its release?

Again, let people enjoy their things. This is the behavior that makes fights and bad discussions to happen. You are as much entitled as me to have an opinion, but you cant deny someone to do something just because you dont like it. It is the exact same behavior of anti fortnite people shitting on every video nintendo uploads or on every post they make on social media...

Last edited by DeslotlCL, Aug 15, 2018
    ImCarlosGG likes this.
  4. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Of of which is hearsay, so I won't lie to you there.
    I am not saying people can't enjoy these games, but saying that they the direction they are taking the games in isn't very promising. Call of Duty used to stay away from what everyone else was doing and was a leader in the FPS scene. Now it seems to be playing catch up by making the game have a heavy online focus and adding a battle royal mode in an attempt be only kind of late to that party.
    People can still enjoy this, I just personally don't think it should be on the Switch. If it happens to end up on the Switch, then it only sucks to be me.

5. mustafag32g

mustafag32g GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 30, 2014
    Argentina
    nintendo has like no games worth playing right now except first party games like SMO... Seriously all the people saying no cod is shitty, you wanna keep playing those kiddy games no offense... Switch is about to become play store filled with shit

DinohScene likes this.
  6. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    Isn't COD even relevant these days?

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't bring it out for the Switch.
    COD on Nintendo systems has always attracted a lesser audience then the PC and MS/Sony systems.
    Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if they did cus milking a cashcow is all the rage these days.

7. digipimp75

digipimp75 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 16, 2014
    United States
    Even though I haven't played a COD game since Blops 2, I'm all for bringing the series to the Switch for those interested. Why the hell not? Broaden the appeal of the system.

8. Jack54782

Jack54782 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    United Kingdom
    A9LH CRUSADE
    Why not bring games like COD, GTA or any other 3rd party AAA to the switch?
    It increases third party support whilst also making the library larger.

9. Song of storms

Song of storms GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 18, 2018
    Antarctica
    The current state of the Switch's shop is laughable. Even the shitties CoD game will raise the bar.

10. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    That's really just your opinion.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted