Call of duty for switch in early 2019?

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Dontwait00, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Dontwait00
    OP

Dontwait00 Unknown

Sep 3, 2017
    Italy
    Is it possible that one day, Activision will develop a game of Call of Duty before late 2019? And is there any rumors/leak around somewhere? Will it be a nice cool looking graphics to play? Will you ever be attempted to get this type of game on the switch?

Cheers

EDIT: BTW my switch is getting dust on my desk because i dont enjoy really much the library that the switch offers.. idk but im a type of person witch i like now more sony consoles, like i did ones back 2006 with the Wii.. should i try different type of genre of games (witch im a fan of first-person shotter)?

Last edited by Dontwait00, Aug 8, 2018
  2. SkyQueen

SkyQueen Arch3DS Developer || B0MBrHax

Apr 23, 2016
    Japan
    Seteguya-ku, Tokyo, Japan
    Activision no lol they are a publisher not a developer :)

Lilith Valentine, Sinon and tiliarou like this.
  3. Dontwait00
    OP

Dontwait00 Unknown

Sep 3, 2017
    Italy
    Lol didnt know that! Thanks

4. Nezztor

Nezztor GBAtemp Fan

Nov 8, 2016
    Mexico
    Try paladins

5. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Don't let these shitty games touch the switch, same for other cancer games as battlefield, gta and other things. Never.
    It's already depressing to have Fifa.

Lilith Valentine and sblast3 like this.
  6. Dvdxploitr

Dvdxploitr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 24, 2008
    United States

I agree with this except GTA....Don't need Battlefield or COD on Switch, we already have Doom & Wolfenstien so don't need a bunch of FPS games

antiNT likes this.
  7. BlastedGuy9905

BlastedGuy9905 where's the updated autopsy report

Apr 13, 2017
    United States
    under your desk

Lilith Valentine likes this.
  8. HaloEliteLegend

HaloEliteLegend Zzzz

pip Member
    GBAtemp Patron
    HaloEliteLegend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    They will if there's an audience. They released many Call of Duty games on Wii, which as you know graphically can't hold a candle to its Gen 7 competitors, but they spent the time optimizing for it because it had a huge install base and therefore there was money to be made. If the Switch can command a huge install base, it'll get Call of Duty, simple as that. No news as of now whether or not that's happening, though.

Will the graphics be nice? Hahahahahahahahaha, no. If they want it to run, it'll run. That is all.

And no, I'd never buy a Call of Duty game. I find the new ones quite boring, although I do think the older Modern Warfares and Blops 1 are nice, before the series really hit the shitter. I'm more of a Battlefield guy myself, if anything, although the time I've spent playing Splatoon far eclipses any other shooter, if that means anything.

9. Techjunky90

Techjunky90 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    They might as well be developers, basically all call of duty games are made by Activision owned companies, and Activision has total control over creative direction

10. HaloEliteLegend

HaloEliteLegend Zzzz

pip Member
    GBAtemp Patron
    HaloEliteLegend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    Buuuut no, they're publishers. Sure, publishers have creative control, but they're still not developers.

11. aerios169

aerios169 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 30, 2012
    Mexico
    we have splatoon... well you will have to buy a xbox or ps4 if you want to play it

12. Song of storms

Song of storms GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 18, 2018
    Antarctica
    Because the switch's library is absolutely full of masterpieces and evil Fifa is the only cashgrab of the console.

13. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    The only bad (non indie) switch games that I can think of are WWE 2K18, FIFA, Sonic Forces, and 2 other games that I can't remember the names of :P.

14. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    tbh i dont think COD will ever come back to nintendo not until nintendo has the same power as the competitors becuase of optimizations they dont want to do so yeah dont get your hopes up, just get a ps4 or xb1.

15. tiliarou

tiliarou GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2018
    France
    Considering COD is using the same shitty patched engine since COD MW, it might actually not be that ressources hungry...

16. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ definitely not Lilith

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    I really hope it doesn't, the Switch doesn't need something like that on it.

Asia81 likes this.
  17. Pleng

Pleng Custom Title

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    Why do people feel the need to say "that game's crap" on a thread asking about the possibility of x happening on y? If I could probably do that on nearly all the threads that are game related. But I don't. Because they're not helpful. At all.

As for the Swith not "needing" the game. Well, no, it doesn't "need" it. But it would definitely help sell units. So it's presence would only be a good thing for anybody with any kind of vested interest in the continued support of the system.

18. Pleng
    This message by Pleng has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Aug 14, 2018, Reason: Dupes.
    Aug 14, 2018
  19. Pleng
    This message by Pleng has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Aug 14, 2018, Reason: Dupes.
    Aug 14, 2018
  20. magico29

magico29 GBAtemp Maniac

GBAtemp Patron
    magico29 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 2, 2017
    United States
    hell no,call of duty is trash.hey call of duty you better stay away from switch!!

21. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    It's not that the gameplay is horrible or that I hate the games. I don't care about them because I just find them to be meh overall. It's just that they have been getting progressively worse due to them jumping onto microtransations and lootboxes bandwagon. They even added them to the remakes of the games, just showing that they are milking the users for every penny they are worth.

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Aug 15, 2018
  22. Pleng

Pleng Custom Title

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    Ah well I wasn't aware of the microtransactions issue. I personally have no time for any game with in-game purchases. But that doesn't change the fact that the OP does, and "that game sux" posts add nothing useful to the thread.

23. kikongokiller

kikongokiller GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2017
    Australia
    I was heavily disappointed by WW2, so I wouldn't be interested unless they bring anything from 4 to black ops 2. Preferably untouched and without shoehorning P2W elements of the more recent games.

24. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    I think Jim Sterling sums up everything wrong with this game and basically why the microtransations and other issues are basically plaguing this game

The games were good at one point in time, but they've slowly ruined them. I would hate to see Nintendo put this on their system because it opens the door for more games like this to be put on their system. This stopped being a game and just became a tax on the fans who don't realize they are being exploited.