Hacking Call of Duty Black Ops

Auzzie Wingman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I just bought Black Ops here in Australia, and it's asking me to update the system.
Thing is, like 97% of you guys I have hacked my Wii. It currently runs on v4.2, the only brews I have are USBLoaderGX and WADInstaller anyway. But I don't want to update in case I can't play Radiant Dawn, which I just downloaded the other day, and really got into. But I don't want to make it look like I wasted $100 on a game either.
Anyone know of a method that can overcome this?

I think I remember some time back that I read about a system updater (may have been 4.2, can't remember) where you do it through a WAD or homebrew. that way, it doesn't override your brews/cIOS stuff, but updated it so you can access the Wii Shop Channel etc.

Has something like this been developed for newer versions? The magic is "Please", right?
wink.gif

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Auzzie Wingman said:
So I just bought Black Ops here in Australia, and it's asking me to update the system.
Thing is, like 97% of you guys I have hacked my Wii. It currently runs on v4.2, the only brews I have are USBLoaderGX and WADInstaller anyway. But I don't want to update in case I can't play Radiant Dawn, which I just downloaded the other day, and really got into. But I don't want to make it look like I wasted $100 on a game either.

I think I remember some time back that I read about a system updater (may have been 4.2, can't remember) where you do it through a WAD or homebrew. that way, it doesn't override your brews/cIOS stuff, but updated it so you can access the Wii Shop Channel etc.

Has something like this been developed for newer versions? The magic is "Please", right?
wink.gif

Well... now we can confirm its already "there"...

And, try to load it through neogamma, not the disc channel, it should work. =)

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
If you run a nice, shiny new game from the Disc Channel on an outdated Wii, the first thing it'll do is attempt to push a homebrew-killing update forcefully down your throat.

Luckily, there are plenty of ways to run a Wii game from a disc without using the Disc Channel. Many loaders that can run disc games have the capability to kick most of Nintendo's disc-based update prompts to Timbuktu. Simply run such a loader program from the Homebrew Channel, and use it to load your game.

Now, as for the aforementioned program, there are many that can load disc games. My personal favorite is NeoGamma.
smile.gif

*edit: Whoopsie, Coto beat me to it.
tongue.gif

alphax13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Auzzie Wingman said:

wink.gif

i believe priiloader or something similar has the option to auto block updates on disc

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alphax13 said:
Auzzie Wingman said:

wink.gif

i believe priiloader or something similar has the option to auto block updates on disc
yes, i most recently used that MMM multi-mod manager thing, you can load priiloader hacks right onto your system without having to boot from it every time. Updating is an outdated concern, just set it and forget it

MarkP80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alphax13 said:
Auzzie Wingman said:

wink.gif

This is your best option, if you have priiloader installed (you should).
Just got to the hacks in your priiloader menu and enable the option to block disc updates.
Then you will never have to worry about any games asking to update, or anybody trying to play a game on your wii, and updating it without you knowing.

Auzzie Wingman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, cool thanks guys.
Can I say the only downside I have seen so far is that the instruction booklet is the most bland thing I hae ever seen.
I mean, SUPER BLAND. There is like nothing to draw your eye.... Seriously, the only picture I have in it is the front cover
frown.gif

Also, no videos from me. My HDPVR is in repairs
frown.gif

EDIT: WOW! 4.08GB for Black Ops. DID NOT SEE THAT!
EDIT: I should say that my initial thought was copying the game wasn't going to work, seeing as Monster Hunter Tri used to have the beep noise blocking anti hack thingamy. I thought a similar effect would happen in this game.

Auzzie Wingman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
NO IT DID NOT WORK GRRRR...

It says Loading.. , but stops at the second dot. Freezes.

DAMNIT!

Any other ideas. I'm trying to update the system but it keeps saying update failed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1