GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
T$unami said:
well I'm glad its not just me, Ill give the zombies a go then if not its back to mwr

Does Reflex have a more stable online experience? If so, I might have to give that one a go instead too.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
GundamXXX said:
Ok now that we have our tech probs worked out, how is the actual game?
It's pretty much identical to the PS3 and Xbox 360 version of Black Ops, minus the HD graphics. It also plays better in my opinion than both World at War and Modern Warfare Reflex. The frame rate is solid for most of the game, smoother than Modern Warfare Reflex, and the texturing has been greatly improved (less choppy). I like it much better than its predecessors on the Wii.

GeekyGuy said:
QUOTE(T$unami @ Nov 10 2010, 06:40 PM) well I'm glad its not just me, Ill give the zombies a go then if not its back to mwr

Does Reflex have a more stable online experience? If so, I might have to give that one a go instead too.
I think it's because Reflex hadn't garnered a lot of hype, even for Wii owners, because of Modern Warfare 2's release on the HD consoles. People probably already played Call of Duty 4 already, so it wasn't worth picking up that much.

I'd give the servers a few days for the first days' hype, and I'm pretty confident the servers will be stable afterwards.

Cardeecore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
GeekyGuy said:
T$unami said:
well I'm glad its not just me, Ill give the zombies a go then if not its back to mwr

Mwr was solid as, and is a blast to play.

black ops is probably server stuff going on.
i was looking at the cod forums and it seems there is xbox and ps3 connection troubles to

T$unami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MWR has always given me a good connection and gameplay. I tried the zombies, and yes I had a good solid full green bars connection and I could actualy aim and hit things, unlike in BO multiplayer where its a case of spray n pray.

In fact I tried BO multiplayer again and it was still the same
frown.gif
so I went back onto MWR and it was amazing I could actually hit things
smile.gif

Like anther poster said I'll give it a while to settle down then decide whether to just go back to MWR as they are obviously getting a lot of attention for the game possibly more than they where expecting

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
T$unami said:
...spray n pray.

rofl.gif

Ah...yeah, unfortunately. I did discover how to use the radar properly, though, and it's definitely been helping. Thing is, with the framerate as bad as it is online, you're only real chance to get ahead is by getting the drop on folks. Head-to-head, yeah, it's a crapshoot. Still...I can't deny that it's pretty satisfying bringing in a nice, fat exp haul after a good match.

overlay_watch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So still no proper fix for the Loading screen issue?

I cant be arsed installing additional crap, and WiiFlow wont detect my FAT drive. I've got the latest cIOS revision, and have had it for awhile now.

Meh. Unless there's something I'm missing I'll just wait for a fix in CFG. If not, I wont bother playing it at all.

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
Im having an issue, ive been playing alot of combat training (mainly to get better at aiming) and it keeps freezing about halfway through a match, also while i try and play, the gun doesnt load meaning im aiming with no sights at all. is there a fix for this issue? im playing from disc, using neogamma r9 beta47

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
overlay_watch said:
...I cant be arsed installing additional crap...

Interesting attitude toward getting free stuff. The game is free, the homebrew software was developed for you at no charge, and you "can't be arsed installing additional crap"?
rolleyes.gif

I don't think anyone's gonna lose sleep over the fact that you "wont bother playing it at all."

@Vincent Valentine

Here's info from the torrent provider I got the game from, and it might help:

Ok Disc Users using the USA/NTSC i uploaded heres a Disc Fix for you all which i use rather than neogamma loaders n shit. So it wont wont freeze i have a PAL console and it loads first time .

download this and place in your Apps folder on your SD.

SoftChip R102 http://filetrip.net/f10162-SoftChip-R102.html

go into homebrew channel and boot Softchip loader up.

instead of using the standard setting insert these settings

Change ios used to 36. with the + button

Games Language to English.
Patch Country String - Enabled
Set Video Mode Using - Force Wii Region
Fake ios version - Enabled
Sam n Max - Enabled

And the last 3 are Disabled

You should now be able to play the game from disc without it freezing
or look through the other comments and find the fix that works for you
smile.gif

Reidy

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game sucks because it wont load for me either..........I can run any other game but this one just hangs on the loading screen. Same issue with every loader

Mikk0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
afnuke said:
Game sucks because it wont load for me either..........I can run any other game but this one just hangs on the loading screen. Same issue with every loader

check the release section and version of your preferance

theres many differend ways posted how ppl have got it to work

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyone can aim with it?
I can't seem to aim with it. Im usally a sniper player on the pc. But on the wii I have NO accuracy it all..
Will a plastic gun help instead of the wiimote?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bjorno said:
Anyone can aim with it?
I can't seem to aim with it. Im usally a sniper player on the pc. But on the wii I have NO accuracy it all..

Are you referring to frame stuttering or laggy hit detection? I don't have much trouble with the latter, but the visuals stutter constantly online. I'm thinking that's an issue on my end, though. I ran speed test on both my Wii and PS3, and there was a drastic difference. My wireless router is in another room from my modded Wii, and the upload speed was about 0.58 Mb/s. For my PS3, which is in the same room as my router, the upload speed was a little over 3.00 Mb/s. I think, for whatever reason, Black Ops relies heavily on upload speeds. Doesn't seem to make sense, but hey, I'm no programmer.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
GeekyGuy said:
bjorno said:
Anyone can aim with it?

Are you referring to frame stuttering or laggy hit detection? I don't have much trouble with the latter, but the visuals stutter constantly online. I'm thinking that's an issue on my end, though. I ran speed test on both my Wii and PS3, and there was a drastic difference. My wireless router is in another room from my modded Wii, and the upload speed was about 0.58 Mb/s. For my PS3, which is in the same room as my router, the upload speed was a little over 3.00 Mb/s. I think, for whatever reason, Black Ops relies heavily on upload speeds. Doesn't seem to make sense, but hey, I'm no programmer.

Nope. Im not lagging at all. Its just, I can't seem to aim with the wii mote. Does it matter if you use some kind of plastic pistols?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM