Hacking Call of Duty Black Ops wants to do system update

garbin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I just bought a copy of Call of Duty Black Ops and it asks me to do a system update, which I know is a big no-no for my soft-modded Wii. Is there anyway I can run this game without screwing up my nicely set up Wii?

Cheers
Garbin

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think you can run it through Gecko OS without having to update. Alternatively you can install priiloader and block all disc updates.

Leo Alves

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you have Priiloader installed, start the wii holding the reset button, Priiloader will start, go to System Menu hacks, then set ''Block Disc Updates'' to 'enabled', click on save settings, launch the system menu and see if the message for update was gone

Or you can launch your retail disc from loaders like Gecko OS, Riivolution, Neogamma, to avoid updates or even Usb Loaders

Or make a backup from your retail disc and run this from a flash drive, sd card or HDD with a Usb Loader

garbin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
D'oh, you learn something new every day! I didn't realise loading from my USB loader would bypass the system update request. Thanks guys

Garbin

garbin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Apologies for my paranoia but when trying to go to on-line mode with this game it asks to do a game update - will this fubar my modded Wii?

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for my paranoia but when trying to go to on-line mode with this game it asks to do a game update - will this fubar my modded Wii?
No the game online update is perfectly safe it just updates in game stuff and does nothing to your Wii.

Nerdron22

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi,i have a little problem, i use the cfg loader to play my games, my wii can't enter the wii shop because it isn't updated.So i need to download an update from the wii shop to play MW3, how do i download this file without the wii shop? (i'm aware that the update it's just like a save file so it wouldn't have any problem)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,i have a little problem, i use the cfg loader to play my games, my wii can't enter the wii shop because it isn't updated.So i need to download an update from the wii shop to play MW3, how do i download this file without the wii shop? (i'm aware that the update it's just like a save file so it wouldn't have any problem)

You can use something like ModMii to install the latest version of the Wii Shop Channel and the IOS files it uses without having to run an online update on your Wii and mess up your softmod.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
donkey kong country returns did the same thing to me. i ripped the game to my hdd with usb loader gx and when i went to play the game it runs without asking to update

DrePwns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What firmware are you on at the moment? If you're on 4.3 at the moment, you'll be happy to know that this will only be a minor update (such as: Wii Shop Channel etc). Though I suggest you install a USB loader or PriiLoader to block disk updates. Remember, DON'T DOWNGRADE YOUR WII SYSTEM.

lastninjagaijin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No the game online update is perfectly safe it just updates in game stuff and does nothing to your Wii.

I hope this isn't hijacking but do ALL game updates for online play not do any damage?

Or is this just regarding this specific update for CODBLOPS?

Interested to know if potential game updates are safe .. I have blocked updates in priiloader but if they come like this is supposed to for CODBLOPS, for other titles, can I safely install them all or is it different for each title? ie do some do system updates?

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this isn't hijacking but do ALL game updates for online play not do any damage?

Or is this just regarding this specific update for CODBLOPS?

Interested to know if potential game updates are safe .. I have blocked updates in priiloader but if they come like this is supposed to for CODBLOPS, for other titles, can I safely install them all or is it different for each title? ie do some do system updates?
well not sure about EVERY game but i know about this game particular but because its in game update and not system menu update then you should be fine.

garbin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just for completeness I should say that the game update worked fine and didn't affect the hacked status of my Wii one bit. Thanks BlackWizzard17

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo