Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm getting a bit tired of Call of Duty. No matter what everyone says, I think they're really mediocre. Mediocre graphics, mediocre gameplay, mediocre level design...

I'm much more excited about the new Medal of Honor. I wonder what EA will do with that.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker said:
I'm getting a bit tired of Call of Duty. No matter what everyone says, I think they're really mediocre. Mediocre graphics, mediocre gameplay, mediocre level design...

I'm much more excited about the new Medal of Honor. I wonder what EA will do with that.

I thought the graphics were actually quite good. Gameplay and level design are opinion

And the new MoH looks like just another modern war shooter, so it'll follow the formula of "Call of Duty with small differences".

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree with Guild on the graphics. It looks good and also runs incredibly smoothly.

I don't care at all for this new one. I think it's way too early to milk another CoD >_>

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Added an embedded video to the first post.

Several thoughts occur:
1) I have seen more gameplay footage on final fantasy adverts
2) The COD series did this before- no way will the end result look anything like this.
3) From a video standpoint I did not like the trailer- slow (small) pans do not work with action like that.
4) I love me some story in my FPS games and could not care any less about online multiplayer yet I have no real desire to play/see this one.
5) What Maikel Steneker said although the new MOH game is also not on my radar.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If they really want to evolve the war-FPS-genre they IMHO need to add the social aspect of war...

Free roaming in Camps, conversation with comrade about the upcoming mission and things like that. Not something that is too overwhelming or tedious. There should still be plenty of action with amazing cinematics and such.

But I always felt, that war-FPSes are to much restricted on combat.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
This looks pretty awesome. Another game for me to look forward to.
smile.gif

D

Deleted_171835

It seems like the guy in the trailer is reliving past events.
Perhaps, you control a character that relives past events and that's how you play from Vietnam War to modern day events.

D

Deleted_171835

I've dissected the trailer and found evidence that points to my theory. In the trailer someone says

Code:
Let's wait a few moments. Let him rest.
This should help you remember everything
~~something extra to assist
inaudible
the pain is difficult
when he regains conciousness ~inaudible~
*machine flatlines*'
we need to bring him back
Time travel, perhaps?

I've also slowed down the trailer to a play speed of 0.5 and took a few images. I got some gameplay and other images.

[title:Presumed Gameplay Images]http://pix.gbatemp.net/171835/cod%20black%20ops%20%23
13.PNG
cod%20black%20ops%20
cod%20black%20ops%20
cod%20black%20ops%20
cod%20black%20ops%20
cod%20black%20ops%20
cod%20black%20ops%20
[title:Other Images]
cod%20black%20ops%20
cod%20black%20ops%20
cod%20black%20ops%20

Edit1: What the hedge? GBAtemp's picture upload service isn't working and I do not want to re-upload all these files!
mad.gif

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Pffft. Yeah, yeah.

No matter how much you guys are knocking this, I totally bet everyone'll get it. Such is the Call of Duty effect.

From my standpoint, Treyarch Duty games aren't that bad. They're not bounding with originality, but still.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:
It seems like the guy in the trailer is reliving past events.
Perhaps, you control a character that relives past events and that's how you play from Vietnam War to modern day events.
Assassins creed much? lol

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Treyarch are gonna have to pull a modern warfare 2 beater out of their ass if they want my money... WaW felt...worse than CoD4 in graphics and gameplay. I hope this game is good, I can't really say much from that useless trailer but I really hope it's not a damn assassins creed type story but an FPS because that would just be sh£&$ng away money on treyarchs part.

It would be cool to revisit the trenches so hopefully
smile.gif
it will be that type of game (not that I've been in them I mean from the old CoDs)

Karmaocta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ANOTHER 60 BUCKS IM GOING TO HAVE TO SPEND!!!!! OH WELL HOPFULLY ITS GUNNA BE 5 TIMES BETTER THEN NOOB TUBES AND SPAWN KILL ON MW2.
wtf.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi