Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Found this rather nice round-up:

QUOTE said:
Several gaming sites have posted their impressions of Call of Duty Black Ops. With dozens of different articles and interviews we decided to post a summary of all the new information, although some bits have been confirmed before. Check out the list below:

Singleplayer

* Vietnam is just a small part of the story. The games story is set across a large period of time.
* Some of the singleplayer maps are based on multiplayer maps, which is usually the other way around.
* In some missions you have the option to move in stealthily or go in guns blazing.
* The enemy AI is smarter. They will now try to dodge if you aim at them.

Multiplayer

* Multiplayer has been in development from day one.
* Lean is back!
* Vehicles will be returning.
* Create-A-Class 2.0 includes deep customization and new features.
* The game will include a "barebones" game mode.
* Many familiar weapons will be making a return, including the AK-47.
* The region filter is back.
* Improved matchmaking and server browser.
* Modern Warfare 2's host migration will be included.
* Auto-Aim can be turned on/off.
* PC gamers will be able to enjoy the comfort and luxury of dedicated servers.
* The PC version will have an anti-cheat software, but it's unknown if it's Punkbuster.
* There will be support for the competitive community, which will include great tools.
* The team focusing on the multiplayer aspect of the game is twice the size (World at War).

Co-op Mode

* There will be 2-4 player co-op.
* Supports 2 player offline split-screen.
* It won't be based on the singleplayer campaign.
* Zombies might be making a return from World at War.

Miscellaneous

* The game engine is a heavily modified version of the IW engine which was used in World at War.
* The game runs at 60 FPS!
* Physics destruction is going to be limited, so no Battlefield Bad Company 2 style "blow holes in the walls" gameplay.
* The PC version will look better than the console versions (duh).
* There are over 200 people working on Black Ops!

Source: http://www.cod7blackops.com/?10-cod7-hands-on-summary/

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks for the news, some interesting things in it.

Very glad to hear lean is back, I still don't understand what they were thinking dropping that!
Also, vehicle support in multiplayer? Are you sure?
In which CoD was that (only ones I haven't played are WaW and MW 2 online) before?

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just by looking at this, I can tell you that most of this won't be for the Wii. Nowhere on there does it mention the words Wii and features. Just call me skeptical, looking at WaW wii.

Snappo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Thanks for the news, some interesting things in it.

Very glad to hear lean is back, I still don't understand what they were thinking dropping that!
Also, vehicle support in multiplayer? Are you sure?
In which CoD was that (only ones I haven't played are WaW and MW 2 online) before?
World at War had vehicles.
-
I'm guessing that Zombies won't be on the Wii. And I really don't think the Wii is gonna get 60 FPS.

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Naico said:
Found this rather nice round-up:

QUOTE said:
Miscellaneous

* The game engine is a heavily modified version of the IW engine which was used in World at War.
* Physics destruction is going to be limited, so no Battlefield Bad Company 2 style "blow holes in the walls" gameplay.

QUOTE(Jakob95 @ May 30 2010, 11:49 PM)
What do you mean by 60FPS?
tongue.gif

I don't really know what's the difference between 60 and 50 fps except that 60 FPS means worse lag for me

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
naglaro00 said:
Jakob95 said:
tongue.gif

I don't really know what's the difference between 60 and 50 fps except that 60 FPS means worse lag for me

The big difference is that the Wii versions of CoD used to run at half the framerate (30FPS, which is standard for some games). This was so that they ran silky smooth without any framerate hiccups and the games still ran fine. If you play CoD5 for example on the Wii and then on the 360 you'll see a big difference.

I hope by 60FPS they mean a constant 60FPS, not an erratic 60FPS. But it looks like they're building this one ground-up for the Wii instead of just porting, which is cool. Hopefully another "non-exclusive exclusive" coming our way (like Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands).

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
All this talk about the 60 FPS... For a game like Call of Duty, having 60 FPS isn't even that important. If you're playing a shooter as fast-paced as Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament I understand why you'd want that, but for Call of Duty...

pika9323

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No dedicated Server for Wii version? =/
Hopefully there will be not be a lag like in mw for Wii.
Is there info about max players?

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Guild McCommunist said:
naglaro00 said:
Jakob95 said:
tongue.gif

The big difference is that the Wii versions of CoD used to run at half the framerate (30FPS, which is standard for some games). This was so that they ran silky smooth without any framerate hiccups and the games still ran fine. If you play CoD5 for example on the Wii and then on the 360 you'll see a big difference.

I hope by 60FPS they mean a constant 60FPS, not an erratic 60FPS. But it looks like they're building this one ground-up for the Wii instead of just porting, which is cool. Hopefully another "non-exclusive exclusive" coming our way (like Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands).

I think you are misunderstanding some things.

In fact, there are things that are never told in those sort of articles.

The most common TVs (60hz) have a framerate of 29.97 fps. The recently released fancy 100-200hz TVs can reach a bit more, and the old PAL 50hz TVs can only reach 25fps (hence the hiccups in fast paced games).

The constant 60 images per second rate they have reached is not the amount of images displayed on your TV each seconds, but the amount of images processed by the hardware before being converted to a classic TV signal.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Naico said:
Miscellaneous

The PC Version will looks better than PS3 and XBOX?? was it always like that?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Hopefully another "non-exclusive exclusive" coming our way (like Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands).
Would be nice if that happened, used to happen all the time in the 90's with Mega Drive/SNES games.

Saying that the PS2 had Call of Duty: World at War Final Fronts which was shit.

Naico

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
C175R said:
Naico said:
Miscellaneous

Hasn't it always been like that?
blink.gif

A mid-range PC is able to outperform the Xbox 360 and PS3 if the game isn't a crappy console port.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Naico said:
C175R said:
Naico said:
Miscellaneous

Hasn't it always been like that?
blink.gif

A mid-range PC is able to outperform the Xbox 360 and PS3 if the game isn't a crappy console port.
I didn't know
blink.gif

never tried any games on PC except Sims 2
shy.gif

I tried the First Assassin Creed but my computer is too slow and it was lagging so I quit...
sad.gif

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm definitely going to be buying the PC version, since I bought the past 3 already (CoD4, WaW, and MW2), because the Wii version, which I'll download, will most likely have some big feature like Zombies taken out (I'm not saying it will be Zombies, but most likely something).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte