Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified Trailer

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Aug 14, 2012.

Aug 14, 2012
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHIh4qn8xO8

This may sell some Vitas. While I'm no huge fan of CoD (it's but not games I'd return to replay apart from the first 2) this one looks more sub-standard and looks like it's lacking the good presentation that the series is good at.

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Does look rather bland and the fact they didn't show a zombies mode has kept this on my "Don't give a fuck" list.

EDIT: Actually why don't we just get a "Call of the Dead" game for the Vita that has every zombies mode and map from WaW, Black Ops, and Black Ops II? It's cheap for Activision and it'd be a day one purchase for me. Hell, add some 3G leaderboard support and shit and bam, it's "Vita tailored".

7 people like this.
  3. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    What the devs should have done is make it more of a pure FPS than what the series has become. Lessen the feeling of being on rails and cut out the "press this button now" parts.

1 person likes this.
  4. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Seeing how popular the zombies mode was in Blops, I'd be shocked if it didn't find its way into this game in some form or another.

Anyway, this trailer is less about showing off the game than showing off the fact that Call of Duty is on the Vita. I'll judge it when we actually have something a bit more substantial.

5. wolfmanz51

Member wolfmanz51 MrNintendosense

United States
    Looks like crap imo another shitty COD.

2 people like this.
  6. Langin

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    meh looks bad, the graphics aren't that awesome >_>

Yeah I expected a LOT. Even though I hate COD

7. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    Not bad, but definitely not good. It's like the DS versions, it exists, it's there, but is anyone going to play it? Not a chance. Fudge, and I used to play the DS version for kicks but they were terrible. This definitely is a step up of course, and I could really only seeing me playing it on the go. With Black Ops 2 coming out soon, this is a filler really.

8. rad140

Member rad140 GBAtemp's "over quoter"

Canada
    Instead of starting a new topic, want to add this info?
    IGN reported that Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified's developer is Nihilistic, who made PlayStation Move Heroes (Metacritic: 53) and Resistance Burning Skies (Metacritic: 60)
    Source: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/08/14/call-of-dutys-vita-developer-has-been-revealed

9. lokomelo

Member lokomelo Edson Arantes do Nascimento

Brazil
    I'll not get this game, but I'll be happy if this bring more players for Vita. Many people hate CoD, but it still is a system seller

10. Guild McCommunist

United States
    Also they're seriously overselling this for a $50 price tag. Uncharted: GA was a $50 price tag but at least it felt like it had effort put into it. This feels kinda second rate and, as Devin said, a bit like the DS CoDs. They're there, they're not the worst thing ever, but they're forgettable and not really a must play.

Selling a handheld game on multiplayer is also stupid. Handheld multiplayer games almost always die rather easily. Being CoD doesn't help. Who would really play this version of CoD over the PS3, Xbox 360, or PC ones in multiplayer?

Activision, even porting your iOS CoD: Zombies games would work. I'd bite that over this.

1 person likes this.
  11. Crimsonclaw111

Member Crimsonclaw111 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    4 vs 4 is seriously disappointing.

12. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    I've never seen the attraction for a fps on a handheld.

A fps for me screams out mouse/keys and a large screen monitor.

I guess some gamers would enjoy it but i'm also guessing they're in the minority.

1 person likes this.
  13. GameWinner

Member GameWinner Take your heart

United States
    Yeah, I expect this game to be a disappointment just like those two were.
    The trailer made the game look bland.

14. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    What I don't understand is why is it 4 v 4?? The Wii has 5 v 5, and that is a much less powerful console. Graphically I expected a lot more too. I hope Treyarch can pull it together before release.

15. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    They have nothing to do with this game plus it's two months away so how it looks there is how it'll look.

16. chavosaur

Reporter chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip
    United States
    Not gonna lie the graphics were a meh thing to me... It could just be the video, or it could just be me, but I have seen some of the things the vita has pulled off Graphically, and this did not impress me very well o.o
    However, I can say that I am still interested in it either way. Any Black Ops fan will recognize that NukeTown Map in there and be hyped already.
    Still would love a confirmation on zombies though.
    This would sell in a freaking heartbeat, I am really hoping for something like this to be implemented on vita. weather it be on this game itself, or weather it be a completely separate game.

17. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    There's always updates, and I had no idea. I just assumed since it was such a major title in terms of scope and story wise Treyarch would be the devs.

18. Guild McCommunist

United States
    Declassified seems pretty unimportant. I guess it fills in some of the gaps between Blops and Blops II but its probably unimportant story wise. Hell Blops II seems pretty standalone story wise outside of a few references to Blops characters.

But this is Nihilistic developing it who made the (apparently) mediocre Resistance: Burning Skies, don't really know why they would get them for this. Plus it seems between the development time of Burning Skies and this, it feels rushed.

Fortunately I was never banking on this to be the "Vita killer app" (or a Vita killer app) so it's no big loss if it sucks. Outside of a good chance for a zombies game passed up.

Have I mentioned that I really like CoD Zombies?

19. heartgold

Member heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Those textures are just so freaking bad. I'm sure the Vita is more capable. Lol

20. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    I agree that it will sell some units, specially to the big fans of the games.
    After going over it, it going to sell less than it should be due to the wanted features.

If I had a vita, it wouldn't buy it myself tho.

Yeah, other games shows that. Even the early games shows that.