Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 first multiplayer trailer, battle royale mode confirmed

The official Call of Duty Twitch account is live streaming an event for the upcoming Black Ops IIII. The live stage event discussed how the Black Ops franchise has impacted the Call of Duty series, then a gameplay trailer was revealed, showing off the first look at the game's multiplayer. The rest of the event and all announcements will be covered as they happen.

• Healing is no longer automatic, and you now have to manually heal.
  • There is a fog of war.
  • There are characters that specialize in different skills, like a medic and a recon soldier.
  • League play with return.
  • More character and narrative depth.
  • Single-player will have solo trials to help players learn the new characters.
  • Zombies mode has a large focus.
  • No wall-running
  • Customizable tools and social systems to create your own game of zombie killing.
  • Zombies can be mutated however you choose, like health, speed, damage, etc.
  • Callings will be time-limited seasonal challenges.

There's one last tease by the developers...for the first time ever, there will be 3 different full zombie gamemodes on launch on October 12. It'll also be coming to Blizzard's Battle.net platform on PC. The PC version is custom made for the platform. Uncapped framerate, ultrawide support, and more. Treyarch is working with Blizzard's Overwatch developers to make sure the game will be "perfected" for PC.

Blops 4 gets a Battle Royale mode. This is a survival mode, claimed specifically to be a unique battle royale mode that promises to be different from every other game out there. The most iconic maps, characters, and weapons will be available. Land, sea, and air vehicles usable. Titled Blackout.

All in all it will feature solo (but no mainline campaign), multiplayer, zombies, and battle royale. It launches for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation on October 12.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
what kind of nonsense is their logo. Black Ops IIII lol.

it should be Black Ops IV.

i guess they are doing a Tally, the next one will have a diagonal strike through it. lol

Or worse, they might do: Black Ops IIIII :D

They should start teaching back Roman Numerals in schools. Id laugh if the "IIII" in the logo was just because the person in charge of it never learned what Roman Numerals are.
I'm more worried about you who criticize the logo...

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

i guess they are doing a Tally, the next one will have a diagonal strike through it. lol

They should start teaching back Roman Numerals in schools. Id laugh if the "IIII" in the logo was just because the person in charge of it never learned what Roman Numerals are.
take a look at watches with roman numerals

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I hope this game has a good singleplayer campaign, but even if it doesn't, zombies looks awesome. It's nice to see some original ideas compared to how bland BO3's zombies was.

battle royale mode is a terrible idea though
didnt you read? this game will not have a single player campaign...

it has a tutorial mission for every class so you know the basics on how to use them and then you got zombies and multiplayer maps.

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
didnt you read? this game will not have a single player campaign...

it has a tutorial mission for every class so you know the basics on how to use them and then you got zombies and multiplayer maps.

hol up, really? that's a shame then. Oh well, hopefully the zombies can make up for it.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Had some of my best CoD memories with BO1 on Wii. There is nothing like throwing a tomahawk with the pointer (pinpoint accuracy and no aim assist and a freely moving cursor). BO2 was good too but I prefer the Cold War setting of BO1. I've never tried BO3.

YOUCANTSTOPME

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

It speaks volumes about their customer base. Are they worried they won't understand what IV is?

Reactions: DarthDub
D

Deleted User

So let me get this straight

•Two new zombies maps and a motd remaster with origins crew.

•boots on the ground multiplayer with a possible battle royal mode and obviously microtransactions because activision are greedy bastards.

•No story campaign because the devs cant make a cod story as good as waw,bo1 or bo2?

Doesnt sound too bad.Correct me if I'm wrong on somthing.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let me get this straight

•Two new zombies maps and a motd remaster with origins crew.

•boots on the ground multiplayer with a possible battle royal mode and obviously microtransactions because activision are greedy bastards.

•No story campaign because the devs cant make a cod story as good as waw,bo1 or bo2?

Doesnt sound too bad.Correct me if I'm wrong on somthing.
The battle royale mode is confirmed, it is called blackout.

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More silly boosting, special moves and unnecessary garbage. No doubt there will be "crates" or "boxes" involved to spoil any good the game could of been.
We don't want to open boxes, we want to run (on the ground not wall) and shoot people, that's it. It's not a box opening game so don't put them in, no paid items or any crap like that, keep it out. And go back to the traditional menus, not like those new ones in ww2, they're no good

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
D

Deleted User

Let's just get this IIII vs. IV out of the way
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_numerals
http://mentalfloss.com/article/24578/why-do-some-clocks-use-roman-numeral-iiii

With that out of the way, I didn't know there was no single player campaign for the 4th one. Bummer!
Then again, I didn't even finish a single Black Ops game. :rofl2:
Did it really suck or was it already concluded on the 3rd installment?
The first two campaigns where decent.Both story's connected to each other too.Then it went to shit when 3 came out.

Reactions: ov3rkill

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's something I don't understand
Along with Destiny 2, this game is also available on Battle.net App
why? Are those franchise bought by Blizzard?
No. Treyarch went to blizzard for help bringing the game to its online platform.

Althought blizzard is owned by activision ya know.

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not surprised that the game is being criticized for the pettiest reasons by the members here. Criticizing a game for its logo. Fucking damn it.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not surprised that the game is being criticized for the pettiest reasons by the members here. Criticizing a game for its logo. Fucking damn it.
Eh, it still looks like an almost copy/pasta of bo3, just without the jetpacks and wall running... Honestly i was expecting more from treyarch...

But i might still get it since bo3 was lots of fun lmao

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1