Call of Duty 4

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
COD4%20logo.jpg

Warning: The online portion of this game is heavily addicting, if you care about your social life/marriage/kids or job, please stay back!

Well, I've been playing CoD4 for a while and I gotta say is the most fun online game I've ever played. It is so easy to pick up and play and it has so many options and things to unlock that it may very well be a gamer's dream.
Feel free to post here your opinion, tactics, complains, comments, perk combinations and overall feel about the game!

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I agree. It's a lot of fun. I really like the experience point system, gives me reason to keep playing just to see the new stuff.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't play games online much, but the single player was epic. Best presentation EVER. Graphics on par with Crysis, but actually playable. Perfect control system, maybe too realistic. No cons, just pros all the way...

Duke_Jay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't play games online much, but the single player was epic. Best presentation EVER. Graphics on par with Crysis, but actually playable. Perfect control system, maybe too realistic. No cons, just pros all the way...
Yea I am now playing the Singleplayer for the second time on Veteran.
But most of the time I play online with friends, I am lvl 31 in the first prestige.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Played single player (PC), great fun and a few missions are even worth replaying (fairly unusual for a basic shooter in my world). Other games have done certain elements better (weapon customisation, team play, but this one blends it all together well.

Uninstalled it because I needed the space and will probably get back into it when the modding community appears in full swing or I set up a decent network.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm a big CoD fan, Ive actually bought all the games of the CoD series on the PC, while I downloaded them all too.
I just love the series, and the multiplayer is always topnotch.

But to be honest, I dont like the CoD 4 multiplayer as much as the CoD 2 multiplayer.
I find the feeling of weapons too slow, too unpersonal. CoD 2 had this great look and feel weapons, like the Kar98K and the Mosin Nagant.
Cod 4 doesnt have these weapons, I just never get the same feeling then in CoD 2.

I'm still gonna buy CoD 4 soon, because its a great game, but CoD 2 is way better IMO.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I really prefer not to make comparisons, that is the real fuel to a flame war.
Personally, I started playing last week, and man, this game is crack, I spend all day thinking how bad I wanna go home and kill. There are few things in life that feel as good as stab someone in the back.

My favorite weapon is the standard M33 rifle with a Red Dot sight and the digital camo.
The perks I use the most are the Special Granades, Stopping Power and Steady Aim. My rank right now is.... errr.... I don't remember but is not too high, I think I'm level 10 right now.

The (only) mode I play is Free-for-all.

How about you guys?, what do you use?

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
Yes sadly im addicted to it aswell. The only thing i look forward to during school is going home and playing some CoD4 online. Haha

The SinglePlayer was amazing have finsihed the campaign 3 times now and addicted to online play.

I am 1st Prestige, Rank 22 at the moment. Kill death ratio of 1.15 and kill streak of 20.

I only play Sabotage, Headquaters and Search and Destroy.

When i was level 55 which i was for a while this is the combo i used.

P90, Red Dot Scope, Red Tiger Camo
M14, Red Dot Scope

1 Frag/1 Stun

Perk 1: Bandoiler
Perk 2: Overkill
Perk 3: Matyrdom

and yeah.

And for those of you that dont know what the Prestige badges look like, click here

For those with a PS3, add me

PSN: enigmaindex

Duke_Jay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
At the moment I am playing alot with shotguns. Shotguns are massively underrated in my opinion.
Everyone says they are underpowered and stuff, but hell shotgun with stopping power = 1 shot kill.
Try it for yourself:
-Shotgun
-Pistol

-Perk 1: Replaced by Grip
-Perk 2: Stopping Power
-Perk 3: Steady aim (highly recommened when you play with a shotgun)

Also Ghosting can be very fun.
laugh.gif

"My" Ghost:

-MP5 with silencer
-Pistol

-Perk 1: Bandolier
-Perk 2: UAV Jammer
-Perk 3: Steady aim.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
At the moment I am playing alot with shotguns. Shotguns are massively underrated in my opinion.
Everyone says they are underpowered and stuff, but hell shotgun with stopping power = 1 shot kill.
Try it for yourself:
-Shotgun
-Pistol

laugh.gif

"My" Ghost:

-MP5 with silencer
-Pistol

I'll give it a try. Since Doom that I was never a Shotgun fan...., but I guess that it is better than those "pew, pew" toys called MP5 and Skorpion, I despise them!

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The P90 with the Desert eagle is a great combination, just remember to zoom in while shooting someone because it works a lot faster.

and the shotgun sucks, no one uses it.

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country

I have to agree with you, they are very underrated. Any body that says they suck just doesnt know how to use them. I played with someone that had a golden shotgun, and man did he pwn. Ended up having 7:1 kdr at the end of the game. No doubt his continous helicopters also helped.

Duke_Jay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try it for yourself:
-Shotgun
-Pistol

laugh.gif

"My" Ghost:

-MP5 with silencer
-Pistol

I'll give it a try. Since Doom that I was never a Shotgun fan...., but I guess that it is better than those "pew, pew" toys called MP5 and Skorpion, I despise them!
Mwah, I think the major noob weapon in the game is the M16, the only inbalanced weapon in the game.
It is gay that you get thiw weapon right at the start, all the noobs go camping in corners waiting till you walk by and then shoot you with 2 bullets = dead.

pubjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
Duke_Jay said:
Mwah, I think the major noob weapon in the game is the M16, the only inbalanced weapon in the game.
It is gay that you get thiw weapon right at the start, all the noobs go camping in corners waiting till you walk by and then shoot you with 2 bullets = dead.
Never mind. You need more practice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr