Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is a surprise
smile.gif
not seeing a call of duty game on the ds just seeing a fps on the ds
laugh.gif
, because this damn thing is made for these types of games....so where are all the other fps at? The visuals in this game is the first thing i noticed as being better than the average 3d ds games, and it seems one company out there knows how to use the potential of the system especially if it can do this with just a early version of the game.
grog.gif

http://ds.ign.com/articles/801/801853p1.html

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I agree it is looking pretty good. I thought Brothers in Arms looked pretty good too, it just had horrible framerate...
unsure.gif
. Hope that isn't the case with Call of Duty, looking pretty good so far
smile.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well Brothers In Arms engine was only slightly altered from its mobile version plus a load of missions thrown in. This is made for the DS so should look a lot better.

I personally don't think its looks better but then I've only seen 13 screens of a game thats still in development, plus even if it looks like that all way through its probably got an excellent framerate. And also DS games always look better on a DS screen.

Was sceptical about this seeing its from Activision and so far apart from Tony Hawk I've only seen average titles from them, but seeing n-Space is in charge it could be pretty damn special.

Its been a good year, end of last year I was hoping for more strategy and FPS titles, and lots are coming through not only that but they are all looking good.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn shame it's not really call of duty as much as some counterstrike looking game as that basically removed my interest from the PC one and seems the DS is taking the same confused path. Hope they go back into doing WW2 as that was what the 'call of duty' as all about.

Needless to say the imagery shows a game on par if not lightly above BiA at that point in time for the visual end of things, have to say I am curious to see how it ends up playing in hand. Angry as I am about CoD going stupid, it could be an interesting title. SO I guess it could end up one of those buy or don't buy on principle as cash dictates what teams do in the future.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn shame it's not really call of duty as much as some counterstrike looking game as that basically removed my interest from the PC one and seems the DS is taking the same confused path. Hope they go back into doing WW2 as that was what the 'call of duty' as all about.

Needless to say the imagery shows a game on par if not lightly above BiA at that point in time for the visual end of things, have to say I am curious to see how it ends up playing in hand. Angry as I am about CoD going stupid, it could be an interesting title. SO I guess it could end up one of those buy or don't buy on principle as cash dictates what teams do in the future.
Well the WWII thing is getting tiring to me, but I would've preferred if they went into other warzones that haven't been covered to death in games. I still want a Cavelier FPS! Hell Battle of Hastings would suit me. With swords!

TeraS

Trophies
XP
Country
looks promisin, but it might suck

i want more modern shooters to be based in 2007 or so, not 1944. I lose interest in those 1944 based shooters now.

counterstrike + hl2 dm ftw!
biggrin.gif

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is fantastic news, & it’s looking great for it’s early stages. I’m with you Vampire Hunter, Call of Duty is best suited as a WWII game. Although I still have faith this version will come out nice. But with these long anticipated games finally coming out for the DS, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a GTA screen showing up soon.
biggrin.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to clarify my beef with the game is very particular. I'm angry they kept the name, and the sequence order, but dumped the entire concept of the series for modern warfare. That just made me furious the first time I saw it as it clicked to me with the same level of distaste that say like FF7 got out of Final Fantasy despite the fact while surface things were similar it had little to do with the traditional feel of the predecessors making it obvious they kept hte numerical order to sell more copies. That's what COD4 is doing, using the WW2 antics of the last many games cod1-3 and console spinoffs to whore out a counterstrike/socom wannabe copy...that's what got me pissed.

Hell it maybe the best the DS will get of the style, maybe the worst ...nah Goldeneye probably will retain that honor. Deal is, COD for me has been something of a sure buy just due to consistent levels of quality for the WW2 genre which I'm into...and now it's dead, or on hiatus raping the good name of the series to shovel out an entirely differenct concept in the same perspective(FPS.)

cheeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like they added new video of the game on the link Scorpin posted. The frame rate looks excellent even with choppers & jeeps, but they have zoomed in on one screen with most of the video. So remember it looks extremely blocky because the screen is doubled in size, the actual game on a DS screen is not that size or resolution. This looks like it will be action packed!

Call of Duty DS (video)
http://media.ds.ign.com/media/948/948557/vids_1.html

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That does look pretty good, I think I'll prefer The Ward to this but its looking good so far. Hope for some footage of C.O.R.E. It does look like its lacking a little in action, but then thats only a minute of footage so far.

The DS has been quite odd, you wait for one FPS/Strategy or RPG game and then it seems that a load come out.

P

pasc

THANKS cheeo ! WTF ? This looks even more full of action than BIA !

And it will have multi and singlecard link !

Hope they'll add wifi ! BTW:

Is it only me or does that steering of that plane look strange ?

Whoops... hadrian was around that much with his release lists that I'm confused
wacko.gif

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THANKS hadrian ! WTF ? This looks even more full of action than BIA !

And it will have multi and singlecard link !

Hope they'll add wifi ! BTW:

Is it only me or does that steering of that plane look strange ?
*Takes another look*

Nah, you see there only seems to be like a few people to shoot in each scene while in BiA there was several. That game also had loads more explosions, and seemed more chaotic. But then this is just a one minute trailer, and if it had more explosions and what not it would have a weaker framerate.

I'll save my judgments until I have it on my DS.

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Judging from the video, the game works really smooth compared to the BIA. And I really like that, it's much easier to aim. If only they add Wi-Fi with 8 players =/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.