Call of Duty 3DS game to hit shelves this fall?

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Tempbot, Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mar 29, 2011
  1. Tempbot
    OP

Contributor Tempbot Tunnel Snakes rule

pip
    United Kingdom
    Call of Duty 3DS game to hit shelves this fall?
    Call of Duty is probably in development for the 3DS, to be released in Fall 2011?
    While some of you haven’t played the Call of Duty games on the Nintendo DS, take this as my opinion, I think they are good (minus the hand-cramp you suffer from after playing the game for a long-ish session.) The guys who work for nSpace, the developer of Call of Duty titles for the Nintendo 3DS, have updated their Facebook page listing that three announced games are in development for the Nintendo 3DS, one of the titles will hit stores sometime in fall, this year, and the remaining two are scheduled for a first quarter 2012 release.

It’s quite probable that one of the said games will be a Call of Duty title, and I’m placing my money on Modern Warfare 3 for the 3DS. Hell, it would even make a cheesy title “Modern Warfare 3D.”

n-Space, the folks who develop the Call of Duty games for the DS, have updated their Facebook fan page to list that they have three unannounced titles in development for the 3DS, one of which will be released in Fall 2011 (with the other two coming in the first quarter of 2012). Given that Call of Duty is one of the biggest cash cows in the industry at the moment and those games are always released in Fall, I’d be very surprised if we don’t see Call of Duty on the 3DS at the end of this year. But, it is still speculation at this point, so don’t make the mistake of thinking anything is confirmed. It’s probably safe enough to expect it though.

Source
    Additional link

Contributed by freelancer.123

2. shadowmanwkp

Member shadowmanwkp Your roms are on another rom site

Netherlands
    Feb 15 2011

What do you mean old news? [/sarcasm]

3. Ryufushichou

Member Ryufushichou I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!

Australia
    [​IMG] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! i was really hoping that atleast one console would avoid getting CoD and i thought the 3DS was most likely to be that console.....Guess not T.T

4. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    Yes, and this is at least the third old-news topic in the last half hour. Please check dates before you submit things, k freelancer?

5. shadowmanwkp

Member shadowmanwkp Your roms are on another rom site

Netherlands
    Good thing it is a rumor. The ds also had it's fair share in CoD games, so it will probably happen. The question is when.....

6. Matthew

Member Matthew GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    The DS ones sucked terribly, at least they will look better on the 3DS

7. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    DS ones were ok at best, nSpace can be hit and miss but I did enjoy their DS version of Bloodstone. I reckon at least one of those 3DS games would be something for Disney, would be nice if they could get Winter released or even port Geist but improve what was wrong originally but I doubt they'll get to.

Old news that I'm sure was posted already.

8. Nebz

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    I'm actually a bit interested in this now that there's the inclusion of the circle pad. Sure it won't play out like it's console version but, assuming it's not going to be as touchscreen based, this should be a bit better than it's predecessors.

With lack of info on the next CoD, I doubt it'll be out in Fall though but I can and most likely will be proven wrong [​IMG]

9. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    He's banned now, so at least this will be the last of them.

10. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    There was little info on Black Ops this time last year other than it might be in Vietnam. Its already been said that Activision will release a CoD every year and MW3 was in development this time last year and also Sledgehammer are deep in development for their own spin off CoD title. Plus Sledgehammer are said to be helping out Infinity Ward on MW3 with Raven Software working on the multiplayer part.

http://www.1up.com/news/modern-warfare-3-d...opment-hampered
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainm...d-meltdown.html

It doesn't even have to be related to the next CoD, the NGP is said to be having its own exclusive version so I can easily see n-Space doing a 3DS one that could even be on the Wii too seeing GoldenEye and Black Ops did well on that.

Its getting a bit Guitar Hero really isn't it? There's already 3 different games coming without the 3DS one.

11. DarkLG

Member DarkLG Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!

United States
    Please let this be some sort of early april fools joke. I really hope 3Ds doesn't get a horrible game.. I mean Call of Duty the handheld ones always suck hell even the console ones are starting to suck =/

12. Frogman

Member Frogman This could be you!

Australia
    I wouldnt mind this though i dnt get how fisrt person shooters are going to work on the 3ds will it be just like the ds and the dpads to change weapons??

Offtopic: How do u post using tempbot?

13. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

Why does tempbot keep posting old news?

On-topic: I'm extremely excited for this. Can't wait to have grenades thrown at me in full 3D!

14. Keva

Member Keva GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    The DS was never suited to FPS games (to me atleast). I don't think the 3DS will either.

15. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    Analogue will be great for playing:
    Aim with analogue
    Walk with ABXY
    Shoot with R/L

I CAN WAIT

16. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    ABXY For walking? Why not the control pad? [​IMG]

or

Analogue will be great for playing:
    Walk with analogue
    Aim with ABXY or touch screen
    Shoot with R/L

On second thought maybe the first option is the best? [​IMG]

17. Forstride

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    Eh...I'm not getting my hopes up yet, but I think it could work well with the Circle Pad. If they changed up the control scheme, it could be a lot better. Maybe have an option for ABYX to move like Rockstar said, and the Circle Pad for aiming, or vise versa.

Not just that, but the game could be improved from the DS games graphically, gameplay-wise, and even with Wi-Fi.

18. KuRensan

Member KuRensan aka Pearbook

Netherlands
    Aiming like face Raiders sounds really fun to me ^^

19. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    How are you suppose to aim with the analog and walk with the d-pad while the d-pad is right under the analog? Rockstar's setup seems more plausible, with the d-pad being used for switching between weapons.

20. DeadLocked

Member DeadLocked Bi-Winning.

United Kingdom
    Guys he was being sarcastic, and I agree.

Shooters require two analogs to be fun with only a few exceptions; (MGS, Resistance Retribution both on psp.) MGS works because you don't really use guns that much it's mainly about stealthing around. CoD however is all gunning. Sucks on DS, even sucks on iphone because it feels awkward with two screen joysticks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.