thehritzinator

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have the original disc so i can still play the game.
When i use the USB loader, the game loads and starts, but when i try to continue my saved game, it restarts back to the system menu.
I just dont get why its not working. I use a WD Passport portable hard drive and its WBFS partitioned and everything. I currently have 11 other games on it and they all work perfectly. Does anyone kno why this is happening and how to fix it?

diazao

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Brazil
T-Rex said:
WTF...

You have the original game, so play on the Disc Channel, dude!!
lol. If you don't know the solution, why do you even post?!

It doesn't work because there is something about the IOS reloading thing, but it's suposed to work on the next Waninkoko's cIOS (at least, that's what i'm waiting for).

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
thehritzinator said:
T-Rex...Obviously u dont understand the ease of not having to take discs out and put discs in

Absolutely, I have 40 retail games along with all my downloads, I ripped them all to HD just for ease of use.

Not to mention, it saves wear and tear on your drive/laser.

thehritzinator

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ConJ said:
thehritzinator said:
T-Rex...Obviously u dont understand the ease of not having to take discs out and put discs in

Absolutely, I have 40 retail games along with all my downloads, I ripped them all to HD just for ease of use.

Then why would u even say just use the original disc. its a hassle

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Call of Duty 3 is playable on a usb hard drive if you run it using sneek. I've played the game using r93 of SNEEK from beginning to end without issues.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
diazao said:
It doesn't work because there is something about the IOS reloading thing, but it's suposed to work on the next Waninkoko's cIOS (at least, that's what i'm waiting for).
That's wrong. Waninkoko said a few days ago that the IOS Reload will be fixed ONLY for discs, and not USB. So no, the next cIOS will not help for USB-Loader Users. Though, SNEEK can play it without any problem (like mentioned before).
QUOTE(Det1re @ Jun 6 2010, 04:28 PM) Use USB Loader GX's Alt. DOL function to play it; done.
I think this is one of the games that also won't work via alt .dol? At least I thought so...or am I wrong
unsure.gif
?

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
diazao said:
That's wrong. Waninkoko said a few days ago that the IOS Reload will be fixed ONLY for discs, and not USB. So no, the next cIOS will not help for USB-Loader Users. Though, SNEEK can play it without any problem (like mentioned before).
QUOTE(Det1re @ Jun 6 2010, 04:28 PM) Use USB Loader GX's Alt. DOL function to play it; done.
I think this is one of the games that also won't work via alt .dol? At least I thought so...or am I wrong
unsure.gif
?
It won't. COD3 has a different .dol for every level and thus the game isn't playable on USB Loaders.

grnorris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously someone here doesn't quite get the nothing illegal aspect of this site. I just created an account and had to agree in multiple ways to not post anything relating to illegal materials. If you don't own the disc, it's illegal (and I've not heard anything contrary to that). As for my case my Wii's disc drive got burned out a few years back due to using an old DVDx installer on a 4.x Wii. Since I don't have the money nor feel like paying Nintendo to fix the issue (especially since they basically said we love the idea of users making games then turned around with users can't make games). I just use my friends Wii to rip disc but, it's really a bummer that COD3 doesn't work. I ripped the game myself and tried with Configurable USB loader (it's the most compatible for everything I have in mind).

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
grnorris said:
Obviously someone here doesn't quite get the nothing illegal aspect of this site. I just created an account and had to agree in multiple ways to not post anything relating to illegal materials. If you don't own the disc, it's illegal (and I've not heard anything contrary to that). As for my case my Wii's disc drive got burned out a few years back due to using an old DVDx installer on a 4.x Wii. Since I don't have the money nor feel like paying Nintendo to fix the issue (especially since they basically said we love the idea of users making games then turned around with users can't make games). I just use my friends Wii to rip disc but, it's really a bummer that COD3 doesn't work. I ripped the game myself and tried with Configurable USB loader (it's the most compatible for everything I have in mind).

As I said earlier in this thread, COD3 works perfectly from USB if you use SNEEK/UNEEK. I played it from beginning to end on my hard drive using SNEEK and I had no issues.

zoujilong

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
xfcrowman said:
grnorris said:

As I said earlier in this thread, COD3 works perfectly from USB if you use SNEEK/UNEEK. I played it from beginning to end on my hard drive using SNEEK and I had no issues.
How to use SNEEK/UNEEK for playing COD3?Give more details to me,please?

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zoujilong said:
xfcrowman said:
grnorris said:

How to use SNEEK/UNEEK for playing COD3?Give more details to me,please?

It would require a very long thread to explain how to make sneek work on your SD card or USB drive. Fortunately, ChokeD has an excellent guide for setting up sneek that can be found here.

Once you have SNEEK + DI or UNEEK + DI working on your wii, it is very easy to play COD3. All you need to do is use DiscEx to extract all the files from the COD3 iso, transfer the folders made by DiscEx to the root of your USB hard drive, then run SNEEK/UNEEK.

Next, you select COD3 from your list of games (see the 1st post in ChokeD's tutorial) and it will appear in the disc channel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [louder cricket sounds]