Caffeine updated to support FW 4.1.0, works on patched Switches

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by RattletraPM, Jun 25, 2019.

1. gRoberts84

gRoberts84 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I'm in now :) Just trying to get EmuMMC working. Black screens :(

2. j0hnnyj0hns

j0hnnyj0hns GBAtemp Regular

Jun 3, 2016
    United States
    I use ChoiDujourNX for emuNAND

3. 2pacsawyer

2pacsawyer Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2019
    United States
    EDIT from what I said below:

I went on the gethub page for atmosphere and manually updated to 0.9.2 and it booted right into the CFW. Now I have to figure out how to play games... I was able to install a .nsp game but when I launch the game it tells me that the Nintendo account used to purchase this software has been unlinked.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The first day ever owning a switch I was able to get the "fake news" installed and I was able to load the HomeBrew menu from PegaScape. I'm also able to load Hekate. When I select Launch then CFW It looks like its working. I see the AtlasNX Kosmos screen followed by the Nintendo boot logo.

The boot logo just sits there and never loads into the CFW. I left it at the boot logo for about 45 minutes without it continuing. The display dims at the boot logo and I can tap the screen which brightness the screen so I don't think it's frozen. Am I doing something wrong or does it really take this long to load the CFW?

Ipatched Switch running 4.1.0
    I used the Caffeine Exploit by following the guide on switch.homebrewdotguide's website

Last edited by 2pacsawyer, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Dev_

Dev_ Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2018
    Morocco
    one question pls is it safe to apply 4.1.0 exfat update to sysnand with choidujourNx ?

5. gRoberts84

gRoberts84 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Sorry all, issue was because of a bug with atmosphere - my issue has been sorted.

No. Emunand I'd say yes but only if you are using offline.

Dev_ likes this.
  6. OperationNT

OperationNT GBAtemp Regular

May 1, 2016
    France
    It should work but it's very risky on patched unit: if there is the slightest issue, your Switch is definitly transformed into a paperweight.
    If you take the risk, don't forget to disable AutoRCM!

7. 2pacsawyer

2pacsawyer Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2019
    United States
    I would boot into hekate and use the emuMMC creation tool. This allows you to backup and run the system firmware on a micro sd card. As you cant enter RCM on a ipatched witch if you mess up the original firmware your basically bricking your switch from what I understand. If you mess up the emuMMC you can just delete it and create a new one.

8. Dev_

Dev_ Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2018
    Morocco
    thanks guys for the REPLAY i did update the sysnand on the patched unit to 4.1.0 exfat with choidujournx 1.0.2 everthing is fine the only thing to make sure is to uncheck the "prevent efuse from burning (enable autoRCM )". it works fine + i did used a micro sd with 2 partion first with exfat for normal use + second fat32 for emunand with lastest firmware

Last edited by Dev_, Jul 10, 2019
  9. CaptainSodaPop

CaptainSodaPop Mario Kart 7 Semi Pro

Aug 10, 2012
    Croatia
    Is it realistic to expect that this will ever be compatible with 8.01?

10. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    I believe Nintendo patched this exploit in 8.0, so it will never work on any firmware 8.0+.

11. eteles

eteles Member

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2009
    Brazil
    I have a patched 6.2.0 unit... Will it be available for my unit soon?

12. eteles

eteles Member

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2009
    Brazil
    What about 6.2.0?