Caffeine updated to support FW 4.1.0, works on patched Switches

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by RattletraPM, Jun 25, 2019.

1. noahc3

noahc3 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 17, 2015
    Canada
    Manitoba
    You can just flash 3.0, 3.0.0 is supported.

2. axiomjunglist

axiomjunglist Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2019
    United States
    Anyone know if the PegaSwitch/Caffeine script is available without an active net connection? Everything I've read so far sounds like you need to have access to either their servers via custom DNS or a home server to run the Caffeine script from the switch browser to access CFW.

Say you're on a plane with no connection for example, and have to reboot or CFW crashes. Is the Caffeine script stored locally in the browser after first launch or do you need to wait until you have an active connection again to run it and stuck in OFW until then?

Last edited by axiomjunglist, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Until someone figures out if there's a way to use a cache then yes you need to connect to a DNS

axiomjunglist likes this.
  4. axiomjunglist

axiomjunglist Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2019
    United States
    Ok thanks! I'll keep using autoRCM & the dongle until a solution to launch Caffeine without an active connection exists. I fly a lot (and never know if I'll have Wi-Fi or not) so this is a big consideration for me.

5. Teck-

Teck- Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2004
    France
    Good point... realizing you basically have to be online for this to work brings down the excitement quite a bit.

I suppose you might be able to self host Pegascape on a laptop or an Android device and then use a WiFi hotspot to connect the Switch, but that's so clunky.

6. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    It's the only option patched Switches have...

7. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Caffeine exploit seems like it's always going to be way too inconvenient for me, I don't get the obsession with moving away from autorcm & dongles at any cost.

8. 3DSDSXL

3DSDSXL GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2012
    United Kingdom
    UK
    I just got my new switch yesterday V4.1.0 brand new patched unit where is the guide to get this working?

9. Snaider

Snaider Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    Austria
    When is 5.1.0 hacked? I'm really looking forward to...

10. Teck-

Teck- Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2004
    France
    When it's released, it will be here

11. Bernhard

Bernhard Psycho

May 2, 2016
    United States
    Interesting news

Last edited by Bernhard, Jun 27, 2019
  12. axiomjunglist

axiomjunglist Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2019
    United States
    For patches switches, this is huge and totally worth pursuing. For unpatched, it's just a different tethered boot process (via an active connection). I would say it's a minor obsession for me to ditch tethering entirely. Currently I tether to a tablet with Rekado and it's fast but I just have to remember to bring the tablet everywhere the switch goes in case I have to reboot or a crash happens in CFW.

13. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Maybe because I have an unpatched switch or because nintendo sold enough unpatched ones that you can pick them up second hand for a reasonable price that I find it hard to get excited about it. But if it was a gift or you found the scene after buying it then I can see how someone might like it.

I got a atmosphere-nx dongle right at the start & it goes everywhere with the switch. I could see me downgrading my switch to 4.1 and setting up the exploit for offline use when that is possible, but probably only for emergency purposes and I'd still take the dongle with me. I'll be waiting until emunand is a bit more stable as well first.

14. narukyuubito

narukyuubito Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2015
    HELLO, then I use PegaScape on a Nintendo Switch 3.4.0 dev?

15. le0n

le0n Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2017
    Chile
    Same fw, we just have to wait :sleep:

16. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    Well if they make an all-in-one app for like android where we would press a button and would do it all I'd be totally happy, I mean to make a WiFi host it clearly takes me like 5 seconds, I just press power button, push up and it's unlocked then scroll the upper menu down and just press host WiFi spot button and it just starts it up, super fast...

Awesome would be a app that could do everything with just touching a icon of the app on main android home screen and would do it all, that would please me 90% and only coldboot would be better...

Anyway this doesn't work for 3.02 right? I won't ever update my console to 4.0 or any other unless for coldboot...

17. renjiVII

renjiVII Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2015
    Canada
    British Columbia
    I'm on 5.1.0 last I checked my ipatched switch so I can wait some more.

I'm just glad to see that the ipatched nintendo switch is finally hacked and that's pretty much the best news I've heard this week.

teamlocust likes this.
  18. Oriordan

Oriordan GBAtemp Regular

Mar 27, 2018
    Algeria
    What about fw 6.2 ?

19. gRoberts84

gRoberts84 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Having problems with 4.1.0 on a patched unit. Clicking on Album just freezes :(

20. j0hnnyj0hns

j0hnnyj0hns GBAtemp Regular

Jun 3, 2016
    United States
    Does holding R and then clicking on the album work for you?? Does for me