C2-12828-1 with ALL MAIDUMP GAMES!

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Aroth, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Aroth
    OP

Aroth GBAtemp Addict

Apr 14, 2015
    United States
    Every single game I try to dump with maidump or grab from other sources and install with maidump (they all claim to have been dumped with maidump) results in this stupid error. It's getting really f****** annoying downloading a game, dumping it, deleting it, installing the dump and getting this error again. Starting to think my Vita is defective cuz I seem to be the only person having this much trouble with it.

2. Haider Raza

Haider Raza Alhumdulillah

GBAtemp Patron
    Haider Raza is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 30, 2016
    Pakistan
    I also don't like miadumps. I don't know why people use that instead of vitamin.

3. dante-feline

dante-feline Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2015
    United States
    They're a lot quicker to install than vitamin dumps, the dumper tool is more complete; and maidump scans for malicious code. What more could you want?

Try rebuilding your database (hold power to boot into safemode and rebuild database), if that doesn't work; it's likely an issue with your memory card.
    I've heard of some memory devices failing lately.

4. Aroth
    OP

Aroth GBAtemp Addict

Apr 14, 2015
    United States
    Somewhat quicker to install (subjective, the "install" is quicker but it takes longer to transfer because of the number of files. Even if you pack them, transfer and unpack that just adds more time). That plus DLC, patch and plugin support is the real draw.

Apparently I was not aware that maidumps automatically load ALL plugins in "ux0:/plugins/", regardless of the contents of the game.txt file. I renamed the plugins folder to random gibberish and now one of the games giving me problems is loading fine. Dumping and reinstalling a second as I type this.

Automatically loading all plugins with no way to control them short of opening vitashell and moving/deleting them seems to be a major oversight, so I assume there IS a way to control it. I just haven't found it yet.

5. Haider Raza

Haider Raza Alhumdulillah

GBAtemp Patron
    Haider Raza is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 30, 2016
    Pakistan
    Yes they are quicker to install with errors! So we have to install again again & again. I mean really they are quicker then vitamin dumps.

6. Tomy Sakazaki

Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 23, 2006
    Brazil
    Transferred some mai dump games, 0 errors on install and running. But I had to actually retry the ftp transfer (hadn't compressed the dump on zip files) using the "replace if different sizes or newer" on filezilla until it ignored all the files.
    Also people who have the physical cartridge use maidump to get the update, vitamin still doesn't dump updates from cartridge installs.
    Also vitamin seems to not treat properly some DLCs (maybe only on physical cartridges), I've tried to dump a personal backup of my Taiko no Tatsujin V DLC (phys) using vitamin, it generated way less directories than needed, on maidump it got a lot more directories (hadn't checked if it was done properly as I was sleepy due to a fever medicine).

Last edited by Tomy Sakazaki, Oct 6, 2016
  7. Nemisis-inferno

Nemisis-inferno Member

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2016
    Had the same problems with vitamin and once I stoped the plugins I had in the folder they all started working properly. Plugins tend to interfere with the install process, both on vitamin and mai from my experience.

8. RitchieRitchie

RitchieRitchie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2013
    That's interesting about the plugins folder - I just created one to play civ2 and oddworld but will having this folder cause problems when I install other games? should I delete this folder before doing so? Any advice greatly appreciated!

9. phant0mg33k

phant0mg33k Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2015
    United States
    Yeah Maidumptool has waaaay more compatbilty for games. Vitamin also has the issue of needing double space to install Mai will just move the files. It also seems that Mai builds certain plugins for certain games. Such as hungry hored needed the entire module folder copied to my plugins and enabled on the game.txt. The plugin compatibility has increase, such that you really only need to do it once if your having issues.

10. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    It all boils down to your own experience and opinion

I think vitamin is better since out of the /38 dumps i have. 34 of them work on Vitamin 2.0

But then i also hate vitamin due to the fact that FFX HD doesnt work

Maidump on the otherhand in my opinion is alot complicated and the fact that it wasnt made by a western developer makes it harder to use for me personally.

For example i diddnt even watch TheFlows video showcasing Vitamin 1.0 YET i still was able to use the dumper the momment it was released

Whereas Maidump is just arggg.... thats all im gonna say

But props to the developer for adding the cute Anime Incon. Personally in hoping someone else or the chineese guy could pick up the so called Broken Vitamin and fix it but thats a pipe dream.

BTW im not hating on M.D instead im rather giving my take on the matter

11. akramff

akramff GBAtemp Regular

Jul 7, 2016
    Gambia, The

12. Skardale

Skardale Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2016
    United States
    I'm getting same issue. Keeps saying that error or it will just kick me back to the bubble screen.

13. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    isnt that a error you get from normal games, not just dump installs?

14. liomajor

liomajor GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 10, 2008
    United States
    Removing plugins folder in ux0 prevents C2-12828-1 errors.

MaiDump doesn't honor game.txt and will load all plugins from folder.

Still problems? Rebuild your app.db from recovery menu!

All games are working for me without trouble (Load Mode 0/5).

15. Skardale

Skardale Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2016
    United States
    II only use amphetamine and that's one that helps games.

16. liomajor

liomajor GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 10, 2008
    United States
    Henkaku 6 already includes overclock.

Personaly i stay away from overclocking > no problems so far.

17. Aroth
    OP

Aroth GBAtemp Addict

Apr 14, 2015
    United States
    Did some testing and it seems that it does honor game.txt to some degree. Amphetamin only works if it is enabled in game.txt, for example. It's just rinCheat for some reason, and only for some games.