Homebrew C#/VB.net on wii

MintyDragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What are the chances of the mono framework geting partical or core ports to wii homebrew.

With like a load start up assembly.
read the il byte code.
import mscorlib or wiicorlib from internal code and then system
excute runiing a stack on the base maybe a vram?
and put in libs for
System
System.Reflection
System.Drawing rewritten to GX
and System.IO

This could work well and open up homebrew development to more people such as my self.

How it would work.
wiicorlib would contain an IL interpeerter runing the bulk of code. containing the basic types of int,float,string whatever
System.Drawing Would implement the color stucts and points and bitmap as useal per say but have an adinal class called videoscreen for drawing to.
System.Reflection would call into wiicorlib.
and System.IO could have FileStream.open point to a device when specifyed then writeing the other file functions on top of it.
System.Windows.Forms just aint going to happen.

Whats your thoughts?

MintyDragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Learn C is one of thoses curve balls im try to do. if i learn more i might write this my self. any good tutarals?

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Learn C is one of thoses curve balls im try to do. if i learn more i might write this my self. any good tutarals?

Best way to learn is to do. If you already know C#, then you've got a good start. C is not object oriented, though, so you won't have classes to work with. It'll also help to learn about memory management like malloc() and free() and learn about pointers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb