ROM Hack C.O.P The Recruit Anti-Piracy

Takanato

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Um..I just have to say one thing...This game fails lol, same like Need for speed Nitro..those two games had so much potential but their companies were lazy and they fucked up both of the games. So don't waste your time trying to bypass the anti-piracy because it ain't worth it...seriously. Those two games are a disappointment and possibly an insult to what the ds is capable of. I mean..cmon I've seen better gba games than these two.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Takanato said:
Um..I just have to say one thing...This game fails lol, same like Need for speed Nitro..those two games had so much potential but their companies were lazy and they fucked up both of the games. So don't waste your time trying to bypass the anti-piracy because it ain't worth it...seriously. Those two games are a disappointment and possibly an insult to what the ds is capable of. I mean..cmon I've seen better gba games than these two.

lol.

damedus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i managed to get it to semi work on ak2i, hard to reproduce but was able to reach that far twice.

On a DSi 1.3U flasged AK2i to work with 1.4 game placed inside root/nds/game/test/
once cart booted and chose game on the load screen quickly remove the cart and put it back in. game loads normaly and twice out of 10 tries i was able to get past the start screen but game simply crashed on story. both times crashed at diferent points no more than 25~40 secs in.

played game on nogba saved converted game save loaded in ak2i it loaded crashed 2 secs after and corupted the save. also used the same save on my r4i hyper card and game runs just fine so i just play it on the r4

Siro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Best is to have a wait and see policy and that is what I am going to do since I have not got it running on EZ Flash V i.

fallenleader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wouldn't bitch too much. don't normally post here but it seems that this protection is more of a game than the game, it's even exciting and fun to read about while i wait for the game to be cracked.

everyone, keep playing the anti-piracy game. play it, break it and wait for the next anti-piracy game release.

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
i think this whole topic fails, none of you idoits could crack this.

Your right only idiots like you can, and the game is already working on some flash carts so there is no need right now anyway. What i don't get is that this game is a meager 32mb, and gran theft auto was more than 3 times the size yet it was forced as an over head game? Imagine what kind of a game this 2would have been if it were that big.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Scorpin200 said:
Normmatt said:
i think this whole topic fails, none of you idoits could crack this.

Your right only idiots like you can, and the game is already working on some flash carts so there is no need right now anyway. What i don't get is that this game is a meager 32mb, and gran theft auto was more than 3 times the size yet it was forced as an over head game? Imagine what kind of a game this 2would have been if it were that big.

Yes, but we're not idoits.

Kawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is not incomplete, you must unpack the 693kb file.
Put the cop file without changing the original name.
Start the gear icon.
Done.
But it works on some card not all.
My ak2i is in.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't have the rom, and don't plan to play it either, but I'm interested in the new AP.
Maybe it's just another stupid suggestion, but I'll give my 2 cents.

They said (on the quote from first topic in may 2009) that they could detect if the ROM is patched right ?
QUOTE said:
[...]this new bit of software can be injected into code and will cause the corruption of ROM files which are pre-patched before launching.

Remember the G6 on slot2 ? the roms needed to be manually patched before being transfered to the device in order to be bootable.
Then, on new Slot1 flashcarts they included this patching thing automatically on the firmware, added automatic dldi, automatic AP patching for every new AP etc. It's still done before launch !

Now I'm thinking, what are these changes needed for ? what part of the rom is actually patched in order to boot the game ?
What if the new AP just checked the CRC of the files to detect if it was patched ?

Then it would make sense why it's working on emulators and not flashcarts, they don't need to patch anything to boot the game, just read the game data inside the .nds and leave the files in their original state.

If that's what is used, a simple integrity checking, it will be easy to counter part it when live-patching the ROM by adding few bits to trucha the CRC (it's very easy for CRC32, best ROM hackers on Snes put back the good CRC after translating the ROMs), but if it's another integrity checking (hash1? it will be very hard)
It will need to understand the flashing part of the firmware, I don't know if it can be corrected by Action replay code, if it's a file checking and not memory access.

It's just another (stupid?) suggestion, I just wished to tell it here.

mercury113

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
can i upload files here? ill just share my patched rom.. just wait..
happy.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What are differences between the original and patched files inside the .nds ?
I guess I'll have to try it myself
tongue.gif

If it's working on certain flashcarts only, maybe because they don't patch the game the same way ? (I'm still thinking about my suggested AP above)

Edit :
For people who cares :

I did it, and checked the inside files.
Only ARM9 and header.bin were patched

There are 2 empty files y7.bin and y9.bin, I don't know if it's normal they are, or if it's DSLazy which cannot extract the files correctly. They must be used of some sort, maybe for starting offset detection to see if the rom is patched ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night