C.O.P The Recruit Anti-Piracy

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Danny600kill, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Normmatt

Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

Dec 14, 2004
    New Zealand
    Anywhere before it crashes, with some instructions on how to reproduce it.

2. KevInChester

KevInChester GBAtemp Fan

Jul 29, 2009
    Uploading a save now - though it's not ideal due to the fact you need to play through the quite long mission to get to the crashing point. Started from mission 1 earlier and just got to the bit where it breaks.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1zxnjxmlir2

Mission 19 crash - there is one I believe at mission 25 too, but have no means to obtain a save

1. Click 3C, Directory, scroll to bottom and select North Hudson Park
    2. Follow green arrow until you get to the area you need to go to
    3. After that open 3C, Directory, and select 'The Crowbar' as the location to visit.
    4. Once at The Crowbar, find the man (straight ahead), then take the picture of him

5. Once you have recorded his conversation, the game blacks out.

As far as I am aware there are no shortcuts for this process, though would love to be proved wrong.

3. Normmatt

Dec 14, 2004
    New Zealand
    Thank you, I'm looking into it now, Its definitely nothing like the other checks and so far i've been unable to workout why its freezing.

4. nakata6790

nakata6790 True Player

Sep 17, 2009
    Greece
    Hi all, first post here (though i have been reading these fora for months). [​IMG]

Anyway i'd like to add my C.O.P. save file too. The first save game is on mission 18, where at both of the 2 selectable main misions, the game freezes. To be more precise:
    1. In the mission where you have to meet the informant and he tells you to go at the club.While there, you have to find a fat man with a red tie (he's at the far end of the club). When you do, you first have to take a photo of him and then to record him with your 3C. THAT'S where the black screen rears its ugly head.
    2. In the mission where you must meet the racer under the bridge. When you find him and after a bit of talking, he asks you to select one of 3 possible routes with your 3C's GPS, and again thats where the second black screens instance appears.

I managed to pass these missions on NO$GBA but i got stuck on mission 25, where the second save game is:
    3. You have to bail out your friend and you agree to drive a modded bus carrying 2 cars inside it, through the city. Again, you are asked to choose 1 of 3 routes through the city with your 3C's GPS, so black screens again... I tried to get past this mission too in NO$GBA but seeing as the time limit is strict and the objective is tough, i couldn't (emulator framerate, glitches, speed and all) finish it, only got at 7/9 flags.

To conclude, the black screens occur every time you are asked to do those 2 actions (record and choose one of 3 routes).
    Oh btw, my setup is M3 Sakura 1.43, 16gb sandisk mobile ultra and the game is the hex edited, patched one.

Here's the .sav:
    http://www.zshare.net/download/683541749a766b74/

P.S.I would like to say a big thank you to Normmatt and to every other GBAtemp member for the help and info i have read during my visits here [​IMG]

5. Normmatt

Dec 14, 2004
    New Zealand
    Thank you for the save, I've worked out the cause of the mission 18 freeze/crash. More information on where the bridge is so i can test that one out would be helpful.

6. rockstar99

rockstar99 Hi

Dec 3, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto
    If you manage to fix it will the fix only be for the acekard series or will you also make a simple patch for all carts(XDELTA)

7. nakata6790

nakata6790 True Player

Sep 17, 2009
    Greece
    Gladly [​IMG]

Please skip to the bolded part if you already know the game:

First of all, after starting the game choose the 3C an go to Directory-->Greenpoint Highway (sixth from the top), and double tap.
    As the GPS shows, it's on the far right island (you start off in the central island). The best way to get there is by the south bridge (as you see the map, there are 3 lines connecting the middle and the far right island. The one in the middle is a tunnel,and the other 2 are bridges, so you need to travel via the bottom line, i.e. the south bridge).

Anyway, after travelling on the south bridge, you 'll come across 2 bypasses. Choose the right one and after you descent, turn left, and you' ll see the monter truck nearby. That's where the objective is.

-- EDIT --
    included 2 pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. I am r4ymond

I am r4ymond PFE

Sep 18, 2009
    United States
    Ionia
    Um, the (U) Version of C.O.P. The Recruit came out now. I heard that Someone got passed Mission 18 or 19.

9. nakata6790

nakata6790 True Player

Sep 17, 2009
    Greece
    Yep, i dled the (u) rom, placed the *cracked* one in my card, and using my (e) save (which i renamed to u in order to have the same filename with the .nds file), i got past missions 19 & 25 on my m3 sakura

For those who want it, here's the new save, past those black screen instances mentioned above:
    http://www.zshare.net/download/68396102d6725237/

Also, a comparison could be made by the hackers between the between the (u) and the (e) versions, in order to see the differences in AP, and use this knowledge to be AP proof in future releases too. Once again it's thanks to dedicated people that this was overcome, so thank Suxxors, Normmatt and everyone else.
    Cheers! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Gamerulez

Gamerulez Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2009
    United States
    Where are the Fix for the game? (Whatever U or E)
    I just could get the first Fix for the E, but it doesn't changed almost anything.
    I want to play the game.
    Can anyone instruct me?

11. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Former Staff
    Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    Get the (U) cracked version by SUXXORS. There ARE still some carts that won't play it, but that version is your best chance for it to work.

12. ericling

ericling GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 15, 2009
    Malaysia
    Malaysia

Great post for explain where the bridge/mission/freeze happen on..
    Unfortunately, I also stuck in the "bridge" mission..

13. ericling

Feb 15, 2009
    Malaysia
    Malaysia
    Cant wait to pass the AP in mission 18...

14. Waverley73

Waverley73 Member

Newcomer
    May 26, 2009
    I have a R4 Ultra SDHC which I believe is an Acekard clone. I am running firmware 1.53 and also have AKAIO 1.4.1 as well (had to get that in order to run Korg DS, but ALL my other games work just using the 1.53 firmware).

The US versions, including the SUXXORS cracked one doesn't work for me at all. It doesn't even start up whereas the uncracked US version crashes at the same place the original Europe version did (just after pressing start).

I have been able to use the cracked Europe version but that apparently will still crash at mission 19 and then a bunch of times later in the game (I haven't reached that far but have gathered that by readind what others have posted).

Is anyone still actively looking at cracking this game so it could work on my card?

Cheers.

15. ericling

Feb 15, 2009
    Malaysia
    Malaysia
    Anyone has the save for Xenophobia patched version until the Mission 18?

The Xenophobia patched can pass through all the AP right?

16. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Succubus™ The Adorable Enby

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Hiding from Area 51 guards
    I am not sure about that, but most cards have updated pasted that now, I know M3 Real (or Sakura) and iTouch has sent out an update that works past mission 18
    Well for me at least

17. ericling

Feb 15, 2009
    Malaysia
    Malaysia
    I using Acekard with AKAIO..Cannot pass through..So I gonna start a new game with the patched version.
    So anyone has the Xenophobia patched version save file until Mission 18?

18. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Succubus™ The Adorable Enby

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Hiding from Area 51 guards
    Ah, I don't have my file right now, I was clearing out my card and deleted the damn sav file >.< that's the last time I manage my card with DSOrganizer

19. ericling

Feb 15, 2009
    Malaysia
    Malaysia
    Oh okay..Now just someone to confirm is it Xenophobia Patched Version can pass all the AP in AKAIO?
    And if the patched version can pass all,kindly post a Xenophobia Patched Version save file that save at Mission 18.

Thanks before [​IMG]

Oh..
    EDIT:
    Now I am requesting the save file for Suxxor roms until mission 18.Thanks

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted