OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Less than a week after the first PlayStation Network-related class action suit was filed against Sony, a second legal claim has been initiated. While the first didn't ask for a specific amount, the second is quite clear on how much it wants from Sony--at least 1 billion dollars in damages.

But those aren't US dollars, they're Canadian ones.

The second suit was announced on Monday by the Toronto law firm of McPhadden Samac Tuovi LLP, with Sony Canada, Sony USA, and "other Sony entities" being named as defendants. The firm has commenced the proposed class action on behalf of 21-year-old Mississauga, Ontario resident Natasha Maksimovic. Described as a years-long PlayStation user, the lawsuit quotes Maksimovic as being outraged by the PSN outage and subsequent data breach.

"If you can't trust a huge multi-national corporation like Sony to protect your private information, who can you trust?" asked Maksimovic in a statement. "It appears to me that Sony focuses more on protecting its games than its PlayStation users."

The class action proposes the C$1 billion ($1.04 billion) in damages be used to pay for "costs of credit monitoring services and fraud insurance coverage for two years." It was unclear if the amount would only be applied to the cost of the 1 million Canadian PSN users affected by the still-ongoing outage, or all the 78 million global PSN users whose information may have been exposed.

As of press time, Sony had not responded to requests for comment.

Source

I bet more countries will do the same.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
More like "just this money-grabbing biatch".

This is getting out of hand. No one's doing this to teach Sony a lesson; it's for the moneyz only.
Why not spend time and money on finding the ones who hacked the network instead?

OmegaVesko

Trophies
XP
Country
Raiser said:
More like "just this money-grabbing biatch".

This is getting out of hand. No one's doing this to teach Sony a lesson; it's for the moneyz only.
Why not spend time and money on finding the ones who hacked the network instead?

Because it wouldn't have happened in the first place if Sony actually had some security to begin with.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As much as I hated Sony's recent actions, people are just getting really greedy now. At the rate Sony's getting sued over something that users of their service chose to use "At their own risk", I don't think Sony will be able to afford putting up better security measures. I mean, yeah Sony should've done a better job at protecting their customers' information, but no company or business is absolutely safe from getting hacked.

shadowkillerdrag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sigh everything is just going buck wild now -_-
I had to change all my passwords too, cuz some fruit cup created a gold farming WoW Account on my Blizzard Account -_-.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hop2089 said:
"If you can't trust a huge multi-national corporation like Sony to protect your private information, who can you trust?" asked Maksimovic in a statement. "It appears to me that Sony focuses more on protecting its games than its PlayStation users."
TRUDAT.
'Couldn't have said it better myself.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol let's see where all this leads to possibly no more consoles from sony? who knows
smile.gif

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gotta love these greedy countries that are now making it a point to sue Sony for an extortionate amount of money. I'm guessing that nobody is seeking the improvement of their console, as they are all too caught up in taking up all of the Sony's time and resources. They may be a big company, but they have defined funding towards every portion of it. If one portion becomes too much of a hassle, it wouldn't be a big surprise to see it up and disappear.

People need to calm the fuck down and let Sony get something done.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
"If you can't trust a huge multi-national corporation like Sony to protect your private information, who can you trust?"

"If you can't trust a psychotic killer to not violently murder you, who can you trust?"

Only idiots trust corporations.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Sony can burn for all I care.

Sony didn't seem to care about Lik Sang, so why should I care about them now that they are in the same situation. Karma is a big bitch named Bertha.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i really hate sony, but this is just ridiculous canada! eh?

and the canadian dollar is worth only a couple cents less than the us dollar, so i think they can stop making fun it.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"We want your money, buddy!"

"We're not your body, fwend!"

"We're not your fwend, mate!"

"We're not your mate, buddy!"

*goes on... and on... and on...*

[youtube]uxwg3fgk20M[/youtube]

As the old saying say, "Canada will see Sony's money like pigs see the sky". For the less bright lightbulbs around here, a pig's neck is too thick and its spine is constructed in such a way that looking upwards is nearly impossible.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nando said:

and the canadian dollar is worth only a couple cents less than the us dollar, so i think they can stop making fun it.

Stop making fun of it? When you obviously made a "joke" which isn't extremely outdated at all. By the way, CAD is worth more than USD at the moment. They get more than $1b once its converted.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Anakir said:
nando said:

Stop making fun of it? When you obviously made a "joke" which isn't extremely outdated at all. By the way, CAD is worth more than USD at the moment. They get more than $1b once its converted.

Exactly.

1 USD = 0,957597579 CAD

I suppose the U.S blew all their money while searching for terrorists and dictators. SHAAAAME.

QUOTE said:
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice... Uhh... Err..."
~G. W. Bush

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: